or Connect

Posts by Liora

You all are very inspiring!  I haven't made anything yet but I'm planning on sewing sheets for our New Mega Family Bed!  LOL.  We are buying a twin to push against our King and I want it to seem seamless.  I don't knit but I'd like to make some more felt play food for the babies to grab/chew on - my DD loved her carrot I made her.    I am a little annoyed.  I told DH I was going to try to make some of my own diapers...
For some reason it is THIS thread that has made me so anxious to meet my babies!!!  I want to stop talking bout CDing and start diapering those tiny bums!!!  (but not this tiny - another 6 weeks at least!)
Thanks for the hint about Gentle Mothering!  Always looking for great resources.  I guess the other uphill battle in my case is that waiting 45 seconds to clamp/cut babyA's cord means baby B is still waiting to be born.    I also found out I have GD so I'll be fighting some battles there.  It is frustrating to say the least but I did *choose* a hospital birth this time (I birthed DD in a birth center) because I wanted the expertise of NICU docs.  I'm going to have to...
On the pockets v. prefolds question.  I really love my Fuzzi Bunz OS pockets.  However they are expensive - so for the time between newborn and when FB fit (they say 7 lbs and up but I've heard 9-10 lbs is more realistic) I'm going with prefolds just because they are cheaper and will be used for less time.  I don't want to spend the money to have the xs FB that they'll only be in for a while.  I'm hoping my FB one size will fit through potty learning for all 3...
I am having a lot of contractions without dilation BUT not 2 minutes apart.  More like 5-6 an hour.  I'm almost 29 weeks.
Thanks for the responses.  I definitely don't WANT a c/s but it is more likely with twins so I'm trying to be prepared.  I did find this article: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16585320?dopt=Abstract "Delayed cord clamping seems to protect VLBW infants from IVH and LOS, especially for male infants." and that was just a 30-45 second delay AND in premature babies (so, assuming there were neonatologist that wanted to get their hands on the babies.   And this one:...
Hmmm.  Sounds like I'm fighting a major uphill battle here.  :(
x-posted in I'm Pregnant.   Does anyone have any experience or information on convincing an OB to delay cord clamping during a c-section?
Does anyone have an example of talking about GD in their birthplans?  I'm interested in labor interventions but primarily in treatment of the newborn of a GD mom.  I know I'll have a fight on my hands to reduce interventions on my babies and want to make sure my birth plan is specific but realistic.   For example, Barring clinical symptoms of hypoglycemia, no testing of blood glucose until after the first breastfeeding session. Breastfeeding within 1 hour of...
Does anyone have an information or stories about convincing an OB to delay cord clamping in the case of a c-section?