or Connect

Posts by LivingSky

We watch Signing Time a fair bit. On TV, we watch Super Why pretty often. I also don't mind Daniel Tiger, Dinosaur Train, or Cat in the Hat.
Id love one more and dh is on the fence. But he really wants a daughter I told him we will talk about it in a year or so. I also said he needs to be good with another son or a daughter, whichever way it goes. But I would like a bit bigger gap between #2 and #3 than there was this time (25.5 months) because I found nursing while pregnant to be agonizing and I want Jakob to nurse until at least two years. Im 33 though and would really like to be done by 35-36 so we will see...
Been a while since I posted Jakob pics! Here he is - 9 weeks in these photos. I cant seem to catch a full smile on camera! With my dad:
vc - My ap journey actually began after someone i know sent me a link to mothering.com while I was trying to get pregnant with my first. The whole idea of responding to baby's needs instead of 'training' them was pretty bizarrw to me but it got me reading. Im an evidence based person and everything I could find online that actually had studies supporting it was AP. I found lots of articles that were pro more harsh babytraining methods but I couldnt find any that showed...
There has now been a measles case identified in my immediate area and 6 within the two provinces next to us. So Im thinking hard about taking safety measures. I have a 28 month old and a 2 month old both unvaxxed. We live rurally but have two classes per week in a major city and my husband works in an office so we have potential avenues of exposure. What would you do? Would you worry at all or just continue your normal routine? Ive been thinking of cutting out trips to...
When I was pregnant with our first, I had my DH read a lot of parenting articles that I agreed with as well as a few I didnt. Then we discussed what we wanted to do. A big help for him was to read The Baby Book by Dr Sears - it spoke to him because it was by a pediatrition who has also raised a bunch of kids. It really got him on board regarsing breastfeeding practices and not letting babies cry. I also found some articles detailing the damage to baby's brain when they...
Yes, what Serafina said! The more often they nurse the more milk you will produce. And they will always get something from you. When my breasts feel hard and full I know Ive gone too long between feedings - Jakob typically eats every 45 minutes to an hour if he is awake. But he sleeps long stretches too so we nurse often to compensate. As soon as he shows any interest in sucking or rooting around I offer the breast, even if he just ate. I know he is done when he either...
The Last Unicorn is pretty much my favorite movie of all time! I love Labrynth and Neverending Story as well. Another one for this list is The Dark Crystal I think I need to have an 80s kid movie marathon one of these days!
Haha we did - ultrasound to determine size of baby at 3pm (they said 10 lbs 6 oz) and Jakob was born at 6:59pm (9 lbs 4 oz). So much for weight ultrasounds!
Congratulations! Glad your DB was so supportive and that you are enjoying motherhood!