or Connect

Posts by LivingSky

I think we do too! And I hadn't made the connection either, and honestly I still wouldn't think of that character hearing the name Quimby, even now that DH has pointed it out. But it was enough to turn him off. Bleh. Names are hard! I do like the name Ehren spelled that way, but know DH wouldn't go for it as Aron is his BIL's name. *sigh*Serafina - I love the name Elsa!thefreckledmama - I agree with vc2013, I think a name being popular doesn't take away from the name. If...
All I can say is, I hope this baby is a girl because if it's a boy, he may not ever have a name! We like to have a short list of first and middle names and then pick when the baby arrives... but right now our boy list is REALLY short (one!) and even that one we're not 100% on. For boys, Reid is the only name we agree on. We both like Mason but have too many friends with kids named Mason. Jackson could be on the list but neither of us loves it, just likes it. I suggested...
As a working mom (for another 2.5 weeks), I honestly don't think it's any easier to be a SAHM than to work! My DH works shift work so often on weekends it's just me and DS at home. I LOVE it, but at the same time, sometimes working is easier on me physically than chasing a two year old!!
1. Delayed bath or not (my doula just wrote a great article on this) - We will bath baby ourselves when we get home, definitely not being done by anyone but us! 2. eye goop - refusing, it's unnecessary unless mom is positive for certain STDs *and* baby is born vaginally 3. circumcision - refusing 4. Hep B vaccine - refusing (for a horrific and graphic story of how badly this one can go, visit www.iansvoice.org but BE WARNED that this is a heartbreaking read, some of the...
Wouldn't it be great if we could all have a week off? A week off of ALL work, whether it's out of the house work, work from home work, house work, taking care of kids work, everything! I feel like I need that SO BAD right now. I know I'm getting 3 days to myself near the end of July and I am literally counting the days. 3 days after I'm off on maternity leave, where DH will be working, DS will still be in daycare, and I can just sit. Maybe watch tv, or a movie. 12.5 days...
Here's the quick list of symptoms I found online: •Extreme exhaustion •Frequent urination •Persistent oral thrush •Blurry vision •Increased thirst and hunger •High blood pressure The one that both of my friends mentioned though was sudden spikes and drops in blood sugar - resulting in dizziness, fainting, nausea, and rapid heart beat, sometimes feeling flushed. They both said it was particularly obvious after a high carb meal, or alternately if they had gone too long...
Mine went out on Tuesday - they're coming from Delisle Saskatchewan Canada
I finally got my GD test (screening!) results - negative. I was actually at the low end of the range, which is awesome. Honestly, the whole GD thing makes me alternate between giggling and pulling my hair out. The important thing is to PAY ATTENTION TO SYMPTOMS! If you have GD that will actually require treatment, chances are very high that you will have symptoms like any diabetic. I've known two women who developed GD to the extent that they needed insulin to control it...
I know I'm late on this but WOOOHOOOOO!!! SO happy for you and your whole family. I cried just reading this, happy tears though!!
tillymonster - That is WONDERFUL!! So happy for you and your DH. That must be a huge weight off both of your shoulders!! AFM - Last night DH and I sat down and had a long hard chat about when I'm going to go on maternity leave. I'm in Canada so get a full year off, but we'd been really wishy washy about what date was actually going to be my last at work. Well, with DH's urgings (I was feeling completely irrational guilt about it) I told my boss this morning that I'm...