or Connect

Posts by LivingSky

LetniaLynne - Yes I feel your pain! We have a Ford Edge and even in that we are thinking two car seats is the most we will fit, unless we go to Radians. But DH has promised me I can buy a Ford Flex if we decide to have a third kid But on the note of Radians - yes they are very narrow so they can be really helpful when your carseat space issues are width. However I haven't found them helpful when the issue is the depth of the seat - because they are so long backed, rear...
Love, love, love, LOVE my Boba 3G. I've never tried a Manduca though so I can't compare to that And yes one of the things that sold DH on the Boba was the guy-friendly colour options. I ended up getting the red Soho pattern which DH didn't mind, since most of the time it's me wearing DS anyways, but the grey, black, brown and that new pinstripe pattern are all very DH-friendly.
Neat! 92 days to go based on EDD. But DS was born at 38w2d and I'm measuring well ahead this time too, so I'm betting more like 80 days! Holy macro that seems QUICK. Pardon me while I panic a bit now!
Our plans... No clue. We just have no idea what we're going to do, where we'll have the baby or who will deliver it. I do know we'll be doing another unmedicated, Hypnobabies assisted birth, wherever we happen to end up. We will have a doula, and my mom will be there as well, mostly to take care of DS. Chances are if we birth in the hospital, DH's sole job will be to keep nurses and doctors right the heck away from me! I have a call in to the doula we plan to use... I...
I took my 1 hour GD test this morning. BLECH, that orange drink is as bad as I remember it being. Almost threw it up and I have a pretty strong stomach! Here's hoping the results come back clean, as I don't intend to do the 3 hour test and I'd rather avoid a fight with my doc
haurelia - Ahhh, chickens. When I first got chickens I found them totally fascinating. Then I got too many (I went from none to well over 100 in a few months because I got a bit obsessed!) and I started to hate the stupid little creatures. Now three years later we're back down to 5 chickens + 100 new chicks and I love them again We just got our day old chicks on Friday. They're in our barn for the next 4-6 weeks then they'll be going out in tractors to graze for 10-12...
I want to weigh in as loving Abraxas too! Especially loving Brax as a nn.
tillymonster - Have you considered placenta encapsulation or something similar for post partum? It's supposed to make a HUGE difference to the mood swings and things like post partum depression after birth. We did it last time and I took the recommended dosages of the placenta pills for about... 2 months? I think? After birth. I didn't experience any mood swings or PPD or post partum anxiety. Now, that was my first birth, so who knows, maybe I wouldn't have anyways, but I...
Don't worry Serafina, I didn't take it that way at all We can all only speak from our own experience, so I figured being an overweight mama myself, I can offer first hand reassurance to anyone else who is overweight that yes, natural births are totally doable no matter what your size!