or Connect

Posts by DebraBaker

Likely a thick post and beam house with solar panels. I would have an efficient open plan for the living areas with a library/office for quiet work. There would be small individual bedrooms with some sort of movable wall system to allow for children moving in and out of the house. I would have the sleeping areas zoned so they would only be heated/cooled when they were occupied. I would have the living area zoned for when it was occupied. I think I would look...
We're no longer poor but we had been for many years. Thrift shops and the sales rack at the Gap. My children have always dressed nicely but a little bit Bohemian if you know what I mean. DB
I'm realizing I have no recent pictures !!!! Anyway, I'm 45 years old with blond out of the bottle sholder length hair. I'm a bit pudgy but not downright fat but I have eight children so what do I expect? I wear casual clothing. I'm presently a student and dress like one (sans the freshman 15 oozing out of my size too small low rise jeans.)
You're right I didn't realize that Gypsies were culturally distinct people I'm so embarassed to say I associated them with carnies and cheating people but this isn't true. And, yes, apparently they were in Hitler's scope just like Jews and Gays and, I guess, anyone freethinking enough to pose as a threat. I think calling people names like Gypping and "Jewing Down" and "pollack" or whatever is far worse than an occasional cuss coming out of the mouth. I'd rather hear...
Especially since Jews don't seem to have the same confusion about the Proverbs verses. DB
I would not hang something so emotionally and spriritually draining. Are you close enough to your mom to share your feelings with her? If one of my daughters shared the way you just shared I would definately tell them to get rid of the thing. I don't necessarily believe in reincarnation but I do believe that our physches are complex and know things we can't logically dissect. Go with your guts and definately don't be pressured to hang something that gives you such...
I'm a Christian and have been since I was 21 years old. I am, however, attracted to some things that are regarded as "Pagan" by both Christians and Pagans. I believe many Christian churches strip practices from people that are woven into the core of who we are. I'm speaking of things like honoring the natural rhythms of the seasons, special festivals, lighting candles, loving the self. Many other things in addition to these. I am somewhat libertarian myself. I...
I've only had one bad ebay experience which resolved itself ok. I have had nice sellers and have a personal 100% positive rating. Like I said, I wouldn't have necessarily given someone a bad rating for shipping both items in one box at the one rate but it would left a bad taste in my mouth and I don't think I'd want to do business with them again. DB
What is everyone taking next semester? I have A&P, a writing class called, "Public Sphere", Women Today, and Botany. I also have two labs. I'm really looking forward to the next semester because I really want to take these classes, I'll be done all my gen-ed stuff (last writing class and Women Today is a diversity class) and I go M-W-F with a lab on T PM. DB
My mom would say, "You're big and ugly enough to....." It was one of her sayings. Guess what? I feel big and ugly, gee thanks. One day she started to say it to one of my children and I lost it with her and forbad her to say it to my children. She honestly did not know the emotional impact that little saying had on me. My sister's nickname was peanut because they thought she was petite and mine was stinker. Again, I don't think they understood the impact. When I was...