or Connect

Posts by lyrebird

they run a great parent ed program, contact the school it may be possible to go along evfe
thanks for these suggestions. I have looked back through the archives also and there are actually quite a few ideas to be had there!    It is hard to work out where to go from here but I have a few ideas, a couple of which I think are really crucial and which I have overlooked up till now, such as giving him his own space (he shares a room) - even if it's just a corner, so he can start developing his own projects (art, craft, building, collections, etc.). He needs...
I have a desperate request for ideas, suggestions as to how to set up the home to support the imagination and stimulate the interest of a 7 year old. The problem is as follows.   My son gets home from school and says he’s bored. He seems to have lost the ability to play creatively, he seems to need Lego in order to be able to play (we currently bring the Lego out on weekends). We have blocks, trains, vehicles, animals, people, a treehouse he hasn’t really played with...
you have loads of ideas of your own and from others - my biggest tip is don't overdo the carry on luggage - it's only a 3 hour flight, you don't have much space, there's usually the take off, landing and meals served (and extra snacks) that take up a lot of that time, plus there are the other people on board whom your toddler is likely to charm - and then walks up and down the aisle, trips to toilet - a couple of well-chosen light storybooks and some drawing- after all...
I loved your set up GPTwins08! This question inspired me to do a little thinking and found your blog easily, I'm going to try it one day when the sun comes out (don't hold your breath, it's making rare appearances here!). I've never really thought of light in particular.
hi, I've noticed there aren't many responses here, but loads of people are looking, so hopefully they're trying to think of solutions for you too! I'm also in Australia by the way. I agree with PP - go easy on yourself, this is a difficult time! I think if you spend some time on yourself it will help. Maybe also focusing on a rhythm where you are really right there with them for the structured activities might help them really feel and appreciate your presence again....
Cups and bowls, bath books and rubber squish animals which I need to throw out because they'r all mouldy inside. Won't be getting them again! A wooden boat (rubberband powered) and a wooden bird whistle. Plastic nesting cups.   I'm thinking of getting rings and a rubber duck that doesn't take in water.  I keep meaning to get sea shells for them for the bath. I love the idea of driftwood, will look for some.   if you search the archives I'm pretty sure you'll...
It's good to think about these things again at this time of year, though I feel this year has begun without me - we're going away soon and I think I'll get some time to do it properly then, so this year starts in February for me :)   there are aspects of the week/day that didn't work last year, I've just got to figure out how to fix them and what we want to focus on.   it would be nice for the school year to be starting on track with all our goals and rhythms set...
I also have several knitting projects on the go which I'd like to take away with me on holiday this week - a little jumper for my youngest is nearly finished, a jumper for DH is 3/4 of the way through and has been for the past year....hopefully it's not moth eaten... a cowl for myself (which I haven't even started yet) and a vest for DS1.   I am planning on starting some woodwork with DS1 (6yrs) on a Friday afternoon rather than take up an extracurricular activity...
You could probably find instructions to make your own kaleidoscope...?   Here are a few ideas off the top of my head: Playing with water filled bottles in the sun, making shadows and colours with them on the walls Or if you want to get fancy, water-filled hanging prisms, something like these: http://www.waterprisms.com/ make your own suncatchers with beads, crystals, etc binoculars when older (I don't think you mentioned his age. To start with - two toilet...