or Connect

Posts by HopefullyMama

I also have some pre-colostrum going on, which makes me very happy. Being a first-timer, there's always a gnawing feeling in the back of your head like maybe you won't make any (which doesn't really happen, I know, I know…).  But it's been that way for like 3 weeks. Thick and clear-ish. And leaving stuff behind on my bra 
    29 weeks. Loving this big-belly look   My neighbors finally realized that I'm expecting because I finally don't have to wear an enormous coat to keep warm. Thank goodness!  I've felt quite strangled by that coat for the past month….
My plan is to go on "maternity leave" officially from grad school work on May 25th; that gives me about 4 weeks until my due date to get the nursery to where I want it, relax / sleep as much as I want, go swimming or walking every day if I really felt like it, and generally just be a lazy bum if I want to!  I imagine I'll still be social and "up and about", but I don't want to have it be mandatory for about a month. It will be more just fiddling around the neighborhood,...
 Thanks!  We actually considered doing our faces too (or us and grandparents, or other people we know).  But it seemed a bit…..creepy when I tried to make them?  So I abandoned it, lol. I think it was on a Sex and the City episode though  So what I did instead is draw very high contrast "baby faces" of smiling, laughing, surprise, etc.  I put them on high-contrast shapes, just to add another element for baby to look at (against our white ceiling).  Here's a picture. My...
I'm finally starting to feel better this past week. The heartburn has died down a little (although I'm sure it will rev back up in no time), and my back feels about 90% most of the time….a huge improvement! He's kicking around like crazy in there, and while it does hurt sometimes, I'm grateful that I can feel him so often.    As a result of feeling good physically, I'm feeling really emotional -- in a good way. I cannot F***KING WAIT to hold this little boy. I want to...
I'm feeling SO nesty right now. But my sister is still in the baby's room, and I'm really, really sad to see her go (on May 1st). I don't want to rush her out, so I'm doing other things around the house to get ready -- getting our room in tip-top shape, getting rid of all the clutter I can, setting up the tops of our closets for longer-term storage, etc. I'm just feeling antsy to get started.    I think the weekend after she leaves, we'll be making a huge trip to Ikea...
You guys have been SO MUCH MORE HELPFUL than my Facebook friends!  Sheesh!  Thanks, everyone for your comments and suggestions.   And yeah, this isn't really fear based for us either. It's more along the lines of "what part of this ethical grey area are we comfortable in" sort of scenario. There are some obvious rules that I was going to enforce for my kid's image (no naked shots, no obviously embarrassing stuff, no tagging, no page of their own, etc.). But now I think...
Hey all!   My husband and I are currently thinking about the online / social media presence that our kid may or may not have. I posted a questions soliciting thoughts on Facebook, but got some….less than helpful responses, haha. Most were along the lines of "What? They're your kids! You can do whatever you want with their photos! Don't be daft!"   Now I know some people here definitely do post photos of their kiddos on Facebook, Instragram, Tumbler, blogs, what have...
Ugh! These kicks are really painful!  This is my first, but I seriously feel bruised from the inside.    Also whenever I'm upright, my back hurts. But whenever I lay down, my heartburn starts. I can't win!  I'm a first time mom, too, so I'm thinking maybe pregnancy just doesn't agree with me….   We had a scare this weekend, with Braxton Hicks that were long, painful, and coming very frequently, with menstrual-like cramps. A hot bath and a glass of wine helped somewhat,...