or Connect

Posts by Summer1216

First of all I'm not talking about smacking him or something like that... He's just going through the normal developmental phases, but I can't find any information on how to deal with this and start redirecting the behaviors. So far he's not doing anything that's hurting very much, but as he gets bigger and stronger the same behaviors will hurt more. I got the Dr Sears discipline book, but that's all for older toddlers - and hasn't been that helpful because he's not...
Thanks a lot for the responses. I'll just keep telling him that when it happens.   I also decided that I need to change some of my at-home behavior. Mostly when I know he really wants ME (specifically) that I have to stop what I'm doing and let DH take over (eg - cooking). At least on days when I'm gone all day. I think I have been inadvertently setting up the situation by trying to be too helpful to DH when I got home, and wanting DS to wait a few more minutes so I...
My DH took paternity leave from his work so he could stay home with our 8-month-old DS. Financial things being what they are, I can make significantly more than my husband. Taking 7 months off work to be a SAHM put us quite a ways into debt. Now I'm just working part time (3 days a week I'm gone for 8 hours including driving etc). My husband is doing a great job with our DS. He dotes on him, plays with him, 'wears' him when doing house work and errands etc.    But...
I was about to post the exact same thing on this forum. I sometimes feel like I'm at my wits end with my (nearly 9mo old) DS.   He gets tired at the same time every day (give or take 30 minutes). I nurse him in the rocker til his eyes close (about 10-25min). Then put him down on the bed and lay with him til he's solidly asleep. Then pry my nipple out of his mouth and sneak out...   Usually 20-40 minutes later he's crying again and I have to go lay down with him...
My DS is 8 months old and just beginning to get into the phase where he can do something other than what I want since he can now crawl, is getting teeth, and more motor skills).    I've been a kindergarten teacher and was able to win the children's loyalty and desire to learn through positive reinforcement and encouragement... I was really proud of the fact that I never once had to raise my voice or punish any of them. I kind of assumed that this would translate...
Thank you guys for your responses!    I tried the blueberries and formula today and he wouldn't do it. Even with his favorite food, and just a tiny bit of formula - I was going to try another forumla but the link the 2nd response gave me seems like it's not necessary. I think I'll just cut out rice cereal and give him more meat and maybe some whole milk during the day (for fluids) and baby tea. I'm only gone for a total of 8 hours.   I was worried he might lose...
I started back to work three days a week. I'm gone for 8 hours at a time. DS is 7mo old.   DS has reversed cycled and has been eating at night, but that's seriously affecting my job. I'm not getting enough sleep and can't keep my eyes open.    I can't pump - have tried everything. I have a weak letdown reflex. I used medical grade pumps, regular pumps, hand pump and hand-expression. It takes me an hour to get 3oz.   My son won't take breast milk while I'm...
So I've been wondering about this for some time and thought I'd ask here...   Since my baby was born he's had this 'radar' honing ability to find my nipples. Full dark in the house, or with his eyes shut, he can do a bulls eye on my nipples every time.   And I don't mean just with his mouth (which I could kinda understand is from a sense of smell) but with his hands. He'll be sucking on one nipple, and without hesitation or fumbling, reach over and grab a fist...
It's not that he *can't* drink from a sippy cup or small cup - he just won't (so long as it's breast milk). He will take very small amounts of water, it just takes forever and most of it goes on his shirt. I don't think he's really getting more than a few drops. (>.<)   Oh - and he has had loads of different kinds of foods.    papaya, mango, tofu, avocado, sweet potato, beef, apple, carrot, cucumber, banana, blueberries, bell pepper (to suck on), white rice,...
Well I read up on baby-lead-weening, and I really can't do that at the moment... hopefully in a few weeks!    I am worried that he really does need the nutrition from what he's eating, because he's not taking milk during the day.   I had to start back to work (unfortunately with the money situation being a SAHM wasn't an option any longer - fortunately my husband can get 1/2 pay paternity leave for 1 year which is just enough for us to scrape by). I'm gone 3 days...