or Connect

Posts by Summer1216

I just had to start back at work, and my 7mo old DS has been needy when I get home. So I've been letting him sleep in bed with me. I'm worried that he's not eating enough during the day. He's also been waking up a lot, so he wants constant comfort. I feel badly for him, and want to give him the time he doesn't get with me during the day... but if I'm nearby he wants to be fed and wakes up completely if not fed immediately.   I let him do it the first night - the...
Oh good! Thanks for putting my mind to rest :D
My 7 month old baby doesn't like eating pureed food. Or anything soft/silky/smooth. He doesn't like banana. He also doesn't like that flaky baby cereal.   He likes eating pieces of fruit (very small ones) 1/8 of an inch in diameter or so. He likes the pulp from a steamed pumpkin, but only if it's a tiny bit gritty. He liked the steamed tops of broccoli (small pieces, but whole) He likes whole grains of rice. We had some cold rice the other day with our meal - You...
Thanks for the tips. Actually this week he just suddenly stopped doing both of those things. I haven't changed anything, he just hasn't tried to do it. Maybe it was a developmental thing, because he'd been a really fussy handful for a couple of weeks in there when he started it. Now he's done with what ever it was, and far more fun to be around.   I'll keep those tips in mind if he starts up again though!!!
My 6 month old has just started doing something rather painful (for me).   While he's feeding, he puts his hand against my breast and pushes... which stretches the skin taunt between where his hand is, and the nipple in his mouth. He sucks hard and pushes, stretching harder and harder until the nipple is pulled out of his mouth with a loud popping noise... then he re-attaches. OUCH!   The other thing he does is to put his fingers up against my nipple and slide...
My husband is very supportive and loving towards DS   However, he also has a hard time accepting AP style. DS is 6 months old now, and is finally giving us some "alone" time at night. But before now it was really hard for DH to accept that we'd sit down to dinner and the baby would cry and I'd dash off to grab him. "Just let him cry a few minutes, finish your meal". He couldn't understand that I lost my appetite the second DS started to cry. Or that when we'd be...
Wow really? The baby info I read said their natural stores start to deplete around 6mo, so iron rich cereal is important. But I kinda feel like the rice makes the other flavors less intense, so I'm doing it more as choice than a need (Korean inlaws). My pediatrician wanted me to start feeding him meat already (korean babies eat meat as one of their first meals).   Good to know, thanks... I won't worry about it then. 
My son is 6mo, and hates to sleep without me.   My Mp3 and audio books have been a lifesaver! I'm also getting a Kindle. Lots of time for reading and listening to books/music. 
NP :) I've heard before that I don't need to give cereal... but I live in Korea, and rice is a food staple. I think my inlaws would go catatonic if he weren't given rice first :) Also I want it for the iron additives.   But it's good to know it's no biggie that he's not absorbing it.   I tried broccoli tonight, and that was a huge fail :) He enjoyed mouthing it, then spitting it out.
I'm wondering if this is normal...    My baby is just shy of 6 months old (considering his due date, he is). He sits up unassisted, picks things up, sometimes passes from hand to hand, turns the pages in his board book (inexpertly).   I started introducing solids - mostly so he can get the flavor of things, not as a real substitute for food. I made steamed carrots two nights ago - steamed til they were very soft, then mushed through a tight wire strainer to make...