or Connect

Posts by theycallmemom

Praying for you and baby!
Sorry my mom got here to pick up a couple littles for kite flying, and I didn't finish my post all the way, LOL.   Anyway, wrt the GD, if you are really concerned, Walmart has a 10 test, comes with everything you need for 10 or 20 tests.   Take a fasting test, and post meal series(1,2 and 3 hrs) and see what your numbers are like.   You can do it several times to get an idea.   If your numbers are high, increase protien, lower cheap carbs, find your weakness.   I...
I'm not a twin mom, but gonna comment anyway-hope you don't mind!   Nanette, GD actually does not raise breathing issues by much(nothing like actual diabetes), so please do not worry about that!!    Also, u/s can be off by a lb or more by this time, and worse as time goes on, so you could easily have 3lbers(unlikely that they are 5lbers) and now is the time that twins really start slowing on their growth. So even if they are 4.5lbs, they still might only be 6ish lbs...
Cute bellies ladies!!  Keep them up!!   I had a growth spurt this week, so I decided to take another pic LOL  
I no longer do the test,  for various reasons; it made me sick, inaccuracy and I tested w/my first 3 and had low numbers(80-90) and my 3rd was 11lbs.   I had no problems birthing him naturally(at home).  I didn't do any testing with the next 2 and they were both in the 8lbs range.  I did do the A1C this time and last, and had numbers that were good both times.  I am watching more carefully this time b/c I am more overweight and was feeling crummy a lot of the time, plus...
Nanette, you look beautiful!!
Everyone looks great!!   Here's my 28 week pic from this morning :)
Well, sometimes the baby keeps their feet by their head, so you really can't always tell at this point, it's early, still!   In a few more weeks it will become more clear....except as other's said, they are transverse, since that gives movements on both sides, often at the same time.   Mine moved from probable breech(m/w guessed, and we could feel the hard bump near the top which could have been the head and heard the hb up high) to likely  transverse(pushes off my right...
It is important to note that even though thimerosal was removed, it does not mean there are not other preservatives and metals, such as aluminum.   We do not do the prenatal rhogam.  We asses the risk pp.   Please, in addition to asking here, do some serious research if you wind up being rh(-),  reading the rhogam insert, the CDC's site, as well as the alternative points-of-view.   Make informed decisions!
I agree with the PP, first off, months 5 and 6 usually afford the most gain, my ob AND my mw will tell you that, most women gain a nice chunk during these months. Secondly, esp for a 1st time mama, weight gain tends to be about a pound a week for the pg, ending at 40lbs, and sometimes there isn't anything you can do about it.,  Of course this means that the first 4 weeks will be made up during some other weeks. It doesn't sound like you need to worry at all, some of...