or Connect

Posts by mama2xan

My ds(3) has been invited to a b'day party for another child who is turning 3. It is being held at one of those party places with the giant inflatable things. My son has never been anywhere without me or dh, so I was worried about leaving him for the 2 hour party. Would you assume that because the kids are only 3 that a parent is expected to stay? I don't want to invite myself, but I also don't want to freak him out by leaving him alone.
Ok, good! I am making a pair of socks out of superwash for my sister and I know they will end up the dryer no matter what. I just wanted to be sure she will actually be able to wear them more than once. Thanks!
Can you put superwash wool in a dryer?
My ds has an appt next week for an exam and cleaning. He has already been to this dentist's office earlier this year because he chipped a tooth that ended up being removed. Everything about the process terrified him and he would not cooperate at all. I had to actually sit in the chair with him when they xrayed the tooth. I hate that his first visit to the dentist was so traumatic. This is a pediatric dentist and everyone there is wonderful, but there is only so much they...
My ds has an appt next week for an exam and cleaning. He has already been to this dentist's office earlier this year because he chipped a tooth that ended up being removed. Everything about the process terrified him and he would not cooperate at all. I had to actually sit in the chair with him when they xrayed the tooth. I hate that his first visit to the dentist was so traumatic. This is a pediatric dentist and everyone there is wonderful, but there is only so much they...
My ds (3 in November) wants to knit as well, but I doubt I could teach him at this age. I just let him have an old ball of yarn and some dull needles. Then I cast on a few stitches for him and let him fiddle around and tangle the yarn. I make the cast on stitches really loose so that he can get the needle in. He happily sits there and knits away with me.
Thanks for the links. I'm printing the errata so I can keep it w/the book. I always forget get to check the web for corrections to patterns. Anyway, the book does say unknit. I was re-reading the pattern and it seems like I can just leave the stitch unknit and move it as she instructs instead of knitting it, then unknitting it and then moving it. I guess what the pattern requires makes more sense now, but I don't know why she added an extra and unnecessary step. Thanks!
I've been looking thru the patterns in Sensational Knitted Socks and I noticed that she instructs you to "unknit" the last stitch when you are getting to the heel flap. What does she mean by this?
I am still trying to decide what yarn to use. I was wondering if cascade fixation would be a good idea for the top if I left the elastic out of the pattern.
Has anyone made this dress? I was wondering how stretchy the top of the dress is. I would like my nieces to be able to wear it for a while.