or Connect

Posts by plantnerd

. Great, wonderful.  
D is 15 months old.  He babbled and cooed as a baby, understands what we say, and spends a ton of time wanting to be carried around and told what things are.  He will point and go "ehhhhhhhhh" to everything in the house, yard, store, etc, which is his way of saying "what's that mom?".  He can point to objects and body parts when named, follow simple directions, and is very expressive with gestures.  At 11 months he had about 5 words; da, cookie, all done, uhoh, and...
Sounds like he doesn't want to rent to you.  I'd go ahead and start looking at other places.
I think you need to blow off the cc and other debt for now and focus all of your energy and money into finding a place to live.  The debt will still be there when you have the means to pay it on top of caring for your family.  It's too late to get back the money you gave them from your tax return, but if the situation is as poor as you describe you need to seriously reevaluate your financial priorities.  Bad debt is not the worst thing that can happen to your family...
Naw, I don't feel attacked, it's a message board.  I've been dogpiled on wayyy worse before LOL.   Honestly, I had no idea that it was this deep of a subject, and such a touchy one at that.  I work really hard to keep it together over here with the baby, and cooking, cleaning, work, the yard, etc, and yeah, I tend to toot my own horn about that.  It makes me feel good about myself, I'm a hard worker and I feel it shows.  Coming from that, it can be way too easy to assume...
  Ok, I can assume you were talking about people like me in the bolded.  So, what is the solution here?  Say to her "well, I'd come over, but your house is nasty".  Is it better to be up front about it?   If "hey lets meet at my place" or "lets meet at the pool" is judgy and non-subtle.  Or just sneeze my way through another meeting in a dusty house, bring a wet nap to wipe the toilet seat with, and politely ignore the fact that I'm sitting on a pizza box?  I really...
Don't go, I'm confused as to what you really mean by "class" as well.   So, as you say, you are a redneck.  What I've seen of rednecks, which is a lot, despite socio-economic status...they like big hair; smoking is normal and no prob, as is dipping; rather than getting a stump ground out they will diy and pour some gas on it, set it on fire; if you drink, it must be bud, or whisky; church is important; men hunt, some women too; staying close to the family and long family...
It sounds like he's an alcoholic.  I wouldn't confront him about it, I mean, where would that get you???  Just file away for future reference.   Then again, I served beer and wine at my son's bday party--  a barbecue, at my house, with more adult attendees than kids.
  Ants are nothing.  They will come in for water, or a grain of sugar, or a bowl of dog food, we get them from time to time.  I'm talking rodents and cockroaches.  They loooove unwashed dishes, dirty sinks, and boxes and bags and stashes of undisturbed clutter.  They are also vectors for disease, especially foodborne diseases.  
OP here.  Blood on the toilet seat, meh not a huge deal in general.  The location and condition of the blood was rather skeezy (a dried smear in the "skid mark" section of the seat).  As far as sanitation, kitchen sanitation DOES matter.  An unclean kitchen is not only an attractant for pests, but also a good way to get and spread foodborne illnesses.  If you haven't bothered to wipe the fridge handles, oh, since you moved in judging by the color change (brown handles on...