or Connect

Posts by waterlight

Thanks Stephanie, that is so re-assuring! I'm glad it goes away eventually - will take it easy though. Good advice! I've still got postpartum spotting/light flow at this time too. I'll be so glad when that's done. So tired of wearing pads. I always used tampons when I had my period, so not used to pads.
I had my first baby by unplanned C-section just over four weeks ago. DH and I have had some enjoyable intimate time together, but today we actually tried intercourse, and my God it hurt! I couldn't go very far because of the burning sensation, and it felt so tight (sorry, TMI!). I've never had a yeast infection, so I'm wondering if that might be the issue (although I'm not itchy or anything else)? I am BF'ing, so I suppose it could be hormone-related too?  It felt like...
I did okay BF'ing after my C-section. Lactation nurse came into see me shortly after recovery, and that was really helpful. It was very hit and miss right at first, and fortunately, my baby was okay with that for the first couple of days whilst we were in the hospital. I remember reading in the LLL book that babies have reserves for 24-36 hours after birth, and we didn't have to go to formula in the interim. She was also pretty bloated (as was I!) because I had been on...
Hi! I gave birth to my baby 3 weeks ago (after 36 hours of labor, had to do an unplanned C-section for "failure to progress"). Anyway, I've got significant stretchmarks on the lower part of my belly (below belly button) and the skin there is so sensitive to the touch - even my clothes or bed sheets touching the skin is uncomfortable. It is a bit painful to the touch too. Is this normal? Any suggestions for what to do, or what might heal this? p.s. the actual incision...
Hi there - I'm new to the C-section mamas club. I had an unplanned c/s last Saturday, 11/6 due to "failure to progress" after a 36 hour induction ordeal. I'm doing okay - finally had a bowel movement yesterday. Honestly, that was kind of freaking me out. I'm looking for any resources about c/s recovery. I'm probably over doing it during the day. Mostly stressed dealing with breastfeeding, and my limited physical ability. I can't wait to feel more like myself...
Way to go on the babies and going into labour mamas! Nothing for me yet. 3 days past due date. I guess I'll be having a November baby!
I guess I'll be having a November baby. Due date was Saturday, 10/30. Nada. So uncomfortable, not sleeping at all, I just want to whine! Plus, my blood pressure was elevated somewhat at last OB visit, and now I've had headaches for the last two days. I guess I better call OB's office when they open this morning (yep, I've been online since 3am because I can't sleep).
Thanks for the info Anne-Marie! Sending you good labor vibes! Oh, and another thing, my baby has had hiccups every day - my belly keeps bouncing any book I'm reading :-) OB says that it's totally normal. I've been very whiney today. Irregular contractions from both a timing and strength stand-point. Having a hard time being at all comfortable. I know labor is inevitable, but geez :-)
Ashley R, I can totally relate. Had 8 hours of mild contractions (did require some breathing) on Saturday, about 15 mins apart, and then...nothing. Baby has moved down into position though. I woke up Sunday morning with my belly totally moved down. No other signs. And baby is still moving around in general. I just keep talking to her letting her know I'm ready!
I'm still here! This past Saturday had regular (15-20 min) mild contractions, and when I woke up Sunday morning, discovered baby has dropped down into position. Progress! The shape of my belly is so different. Haven't had any regular contractions since Saturday. Been a bit challenging with the Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD/PGP). Could barely walk last night and it makes my eyes water. So today I've put myself on bed rest! Just staying hydrated, snacking, resting, back...