or Connect

Posts by happy_vegan_mama

YAY! Happy to see we are not alone :-) My little guy is 2.5 (baby due in October) and my friend's are 2.5 and 4.5 - we are both in Point Pleasant. Let's plan on meeting up :-)   I'm going to suggest Tuesday June 18 at 9:30 (ish!) at Brielle Park in Brielle. The play structure is shaded and there's lots of room for the kids to roam and explore. If there is a day / time / place that works better let me know and we'll find a place / day when everyone can make...
Hoping to find some homeschool / unschool mommas of 'preschool' age! My friend and I are putting together an early learning cooperative in the Southern Monmouth / Northern Ocean area and am hoping to find other moms and children age 0-6 (give or take) for ours to play / learn with. At this point we are meeting weekly for play dates at various parks & beaches but we want to expand to include parent-lead 'classes' (i.e: music, gardening, crafts, etc.).    We have...
Hoping to find some homeschool / unschool mommas of 'preschool' age! My friend and I are putting together an early learning cooperative in the Southern Monmouth / Northern Ocean area and am hoping to find other moms and children age 0-6 (give or take) for ours to play / learn with. At this point we are meeting weekly for play dates at various parks & beaches but we want to expand to include parent-lead 'classes' (i.e: music, gardening, crafts, etc.).  We have reached...
Hi We use Dr. Wolpert in Manasquan and he is wonderful! Although not necessarily 'natural-minded', he allows us to make our own choices (aka: we told him we were not vaccinating and he never brought it up again!). He is pro-breastfeeding and not an alarmist by any means. We are really happy with him. I know a couple of families who go to ABC Pediatrics in Brick and who are very happy. I think they are more 'natural-minded' but can't speak from experience. Hope that...
Thanks for the suggestions! Too funny!! We've been going to Bosom Buddies since my son was 6 weeks old!! Casi is amazing! We've been missing the meetings though because he has fallen into a nap 'schedule' (all his doing!) with his morning nap lasting roughly from 9:30-11:30. How many meetings have you been to? All the moms are great! And we go to Kayas about 2x a month Very yummy indeed! And yes - that consignment sale at Brookdale is awesome! Went in the fall and it...
YAY - so glad to hear We're up your way fairly often - LOVE Seven Pres Park playground! How old are your little one(s)? We are always on the hunt for great playgrounds, veg / kid friendly restaurants, organic farmers markets, great consignment shops, natural baby stores, etc... Do you have recommendations for things up in your area? I moved home 3 years ago after living in Eugene, OR for 8 years and San Francisco for 1 .... I am desperately missing the lifestyle But...
My little guy is 13 months and I've been on these boards lurking since before he was born and am finally posting! Hoping to find some moms and babes living at / near the Jersey Shore that share our view on things: extended bf'ing, family bed, baby wearing, unschooling, organic / vegan lifestyle, ..you get it by now ;) Please let me know I'm not alone!!