or Connect

Posts by Calycanth

Lea2012, I think I started feeling movement around 18 weeks with my first pregnancy, and even then I wasn't sure that's what it was. Don't worry, it will happen! Glad to hear you're feeling good!   I'd prefer not to weigh at all (I'm also overweight and have spent a great deal of time and mental energy getting comfortable in my own skin), but my MW does a weight check at each appointment. As of last week I was down two pounds (morning sickness/food aversions), but since...
So much information here! Awesome! I think we're going to try prefolds and covers with this one. I'm thinking I'll buy a few different covers in the newborn size so we can figure out what we like best once baby arrives. I like the idea of a cover that fits so we're not trying to snap down extra materia (hated that about my one-size pockets)l. We tried both Fuzzibunz and BG pockets the first time around. I managed to make back all the money we spent when I sold my stash,...
Looks like I'm the only one who didn't have a great experience with cloth diapers the first time around. We used them until my daughter was five months old, and she was constantly rashy. The rash cleared up as soon as we switched to disposables. She was in daycare (they let us use cloth even though their handbook stated it wasn't allowed, which was awesome), and they logged diaper changes so I know she was changed every 1-2 hours. We tried coconut oil, stripping the...
It went great, thanks for asking! Baby was quite uncooperative, but they were able to get the pictures they needed, and the heartbeat was nice and strong. So glad you were able to hear the heartbeat and feel like you can settle into this pregnancy, Jesepumpkin!
The Birthing Partner by Penny Simkin was the most useful book I read during my first pregnancy. It's kind of long and dry, but I learned so much about what to expect during labor. DH got a lot out of it, too.
I'm guessing boy. Again, no nub expertise here. This is fun, though!  
You are seriously due for a break! Glad everything is okay.
Hi everyone, hope you're all doing well! I made it to 12 weeks and am going in for my NT scan tomorrow. I'm excited to see the baby again (had a quick u/s at 8 weeks), but a little anxious too. I think if everything looks good at this scan, I'll be able to relax and actually believe that this pregnancy is going the distance. Hugs to all!
So glad everything is okay! And I know this must have been awful, but your comment about your DH's penis made me chucke.
Oh my gosh, I have been super itchy! I didn't connect it with the pregnancy at all, but that makes sense!