or Connect

Posts by alysonsky

It is going to be tough with twins to predict when they will arrive! I mean, almost half of twins are born before 36 weeks, but that means that half are born after and some twins are even born past their 40 week due dates. I am a teacher and our semester ends the last week in January. I'm hoping to work at least until then and then see what happens. I used all my sick time to take a paid maternity 2 years ago when our DD was born, so I only have about 15 paid sick days...
Is anyone else dealing with sciatica? I am having horrible shooting pains from my right butt cheek down through the back of my leg. It is both really painful and really inconvenient. The leg collapses periodically and sort of locks up where I just can't put any weight on it. I asked my yoga teacher about it an she gave me some poses to try to open up the area and then I saw a massage therapist yesterday, but nothing so far has helped. If I am barely able to walk now, what...
I am 22 weeks with twins and have gained about 16 lbs. I am starting to see weight gain in my legs as well as in my belly, but I have been having super bad sciatica and have had trouble really exercising at all which sucks. I am 5'5 and was 138 to start with. 
I am so so sorry to hear that. Best wishes for healing through this difficult time.
Ememers, best of luck! I hope those babies stay put for a good long time. I have an appt with the doc this week so I am excited to know how he thinks everything is going. I had my ultrasound a couple of weeks ago when I was in the hospital, but I haven't seen him since. I'm also anxious to see how I am measuring because I feel huge! I also need to ask him about a few dizzy/ flushed/ sort of feeling like I need more air/ nauseous spells that I have had. They are a little...
Ugh, I will likely get mine, but I am not looking forward to it. The last two years I have gotten it mostly to protect our DD and I have had a pretty bad reaction to it both times. Last year I had to leave school early the day after the shot. I guess it's better than the real flu though. I think I will probably try to do it on a Friday just in case though.
Yuck! That is pretty tough. Not sure if you are a reader, but I could recommend books or series that could take a serious dent out of your day. Also, if you are doing something sort of mindless with your hands, I find that audiobooks are a really good way to pass the time. You can borrow audio or e books from a lot of libraries now which helps. I think as far as TV goes, I would consider getting Amazon prime or Hulu plus so that you can watch seasons easily without...
It seemed to be much too low to be my gallbladder, but they did put that forth as a possibility at first.
Psyched to have a boy and a girl join our DD! Can't wait for all the fun family dynamics to come.   Also, on a more shallow note, glad to get to use all of Zoe's things again AND to get all the cool boy stuff that friends and family have to offer. I am thinking about painting the nursery too...I was never wild about the color anyway and its sort of a pinky purple, 
So, have you guys thought about your birth plans? I mean, I bet you have, and I bet, like me that you are somewhat terrified about the idea of birthing two babies at once. Is anyone here thinking about a home birth? If this wasn't a twin pregnancy and my first delivery and I wasn't 35 I definitely would be, but we are using an OB for care and having a hospital delivery. Both the doc and the hospital are pretty progressive and dedicated to the benefits of vaginal delivery...