or Connect

Posts by pinkdaisy

My DS just started crawling at exactly 10 months. And no, he never really did the "rocking back and forth" thing either. He would occasionally get on all fours, then just flop right back down. But mostly he just never liked being on his tummy at all. Plus he just isn't a super active baby and we think he just wasn't all that motivated to crawl. He is very advanced with his fine motor skills and would rather sit there stacking blocks and looking at books than go racing...
My DS has never been great with naps, although he (more often than not) has been a pretty good sleeper at night. Our nap routine has gone from bad to worse lately though. The ONLY place he will nap is in my arms. He will literally nap for 2 hours while I'm holding him or snuggling in bed with him, but as soon as I try to gently put him in his crib, he immediately wakes up and starts crying. I don't know what to do.   Sure, I'd love to just snuggle with him for all...
I haven't really felt pregnant at all yet, aside from a couple hours of nausea for TWO days several weeks ago. I don't look pregnant at all either. It honestly slips my mind sometimes that I actually AM, just because I have so few reminders of it!   I was completely freaking out before my first midwife appointment, because I was so convinced there really wasn't anything there... But I've seen the ultrasound, and finally was able to find the heartbeat with my doppler...
Hi, my EDD is September 22!
We currently have an Audi A6 wagon with AWD -- similar to your DH's picks. And we're definitely getting a minivan before our new LO arrives. The A6 is very roomy and drives great and I love so many things about it, but there is NO extra room in the backseat when my 5-year-old stepdaughter and 10-month-old DS are back there. When DS was still in his infant seat, the front passenger seat had to be moved forward so far that it left hardly any leg room for whoever was...
I drank RRL throughout my last pregnancy and tried to drink more during the last trimester, even though I was getting BH contractions constantly. I also decided to make a strong infusion of it as soon as I started labor. Well... My labor started quite suddenly, and got very painful very quickly. I managed to make the infusion and drank it on the way to the hospital after laboring at home for a little while. As soon as we arrived at the hospital, I became very nauseous...
I was in your shoes when my son was that age... He had a flat spot that caused his face to look asymetricalm and one of his eyes always looked more squinty. It really concerned me. His pediatrician said to just watch it, and of course do lots of tummy time and all that, but he always HATED being on his tummy. We did get a jumperoo, but I didn't want him to stay in it for more than a couple minutes once a day, so I really don't think it made much of a difference...
So I'm answering my own question, just in case someone else comes across this in the future while looking for the same info. :)   Someone on another website recommended Dr. Amy Gosling with Pediatrics South, which has offices in McMurray and Mt. Lebanon. I just called and talked to them... they said that Dr. Gosling is kinda hard to get appointments with, but that all of their pediatricians are willing to accommodate alternative vaccination schedules. I'm so...
So I'm due in less than a month and I still need to find a pediatrician or family doctor for our new baby! We are planning to delay certain vaccinations and possibly avoid others, and in my extensive internet research I haven't been able to find any suggestions for doctors anywhere near us that have a reputation for being flexible with vaccinations. We are about half an hour south of Pittsburgh, near Canonsburg. Before I start randomly calling doctors, I just thought...