or Connect

Posts by Azadehhast

Twin mamas, I'm just popping in to say, our twins were born, Saturday and Sunday, April 5 and 6th. We have a little girl, named Wren, who was born after 12 hours laboring at home, and a boy, Forest, who was born after 12 more hours labor, hospital transfer for heart decels, and c-section. They are so perfect! Wren weighed 7 pounds and Forest 7 pounds 8 ounces, and they were born spontaneously at 40+ 4 and 5. Recovery for me has been a bit tough so far, but we are settling...
Hi again, twin mamas! It's been so long since I've checked in here.  To answer your question about protein powder, Motivated Mama, I mix it into a fruit and yogurt smoothie in the morning and use the chocolate powder with milk in the evening. The chocolate tastes a lot like chocolate milk, and it goes down nicely, and in the smoothie, I don't notice it all.    Mamas, I am still pregnant, 39 weeks tomorrow. I just cannot believe I have carried these babies this long....
I lost weight in the first trimester, about 10 pounds, and I've really struggled with eating and gaining since. I Found out it was twins at 29 weeks, and I was really nervous that if it was twins, they would be tiny, but they both measured slightly ahead of dates! By 20 weeks, I had only gained 15 pounds. Now I'm 34 weeks, I have gained 40 pounds from the low point (seriously, I'm gaining about a pound a day right now!)! I'm the size of a house, but in perfect health, and...
Emelee, so grateful for the encouragement!! Very few people are telling twin mamas that babywearing and cloth diapering is possible, but of course they are! I'm also glad to see you nursed your toddler along with twins, because I will be doing the same, most likely, and there is so much opposition to it. Have you other mamas checked out the forums on thebabywearer.com? They have a thread specifically for wearing twins, with lots of photos and tutorial links. We spent DS's...
My midwife has a good deal of twin experience,and I think her caution is partly because she attended a birth where the second twin died in this manner. Even so, I love how laid back she is about making plans, how she doesn't pressure me for anything except to eat more and gain weight. I'm looking forward to meeting the team she is assembling for a twin birth. Speaking of weight' where are you all at with that? I'm up 25 pounds if you count from after I lost 10 at the...
Hi twin mamas! I'm Azadeh, 30 weeks pregnant with our twins, who will be babies number 2 and 3 for us. Sweet DS just turned 2, I am 29 and dh 28. We just finally confirmed twins via ultrasound about a week ago though I've suspected twins for several months, and began hearing two heartbeats via fetoscope in December. I like really low-tech pregnancies and births, so this one is certainly challenging that! I think we will end up with one more ultrasound before the birth,...
Hi mamas! I'm pregnant with #2, due the first week of April. DS was born December 2011. I was part of such a lovely MDC DDC then (still a very active group!), that I was thinking I don't really want another DDC. But I just met my midwife today, and I'm so full of excitement for this new pregnancy, well, it's good to have a place to share that!
I've only had one birth so far, and I did freeze and then consume my placenta in smoothies. Having nothing to compare it to, I can't say how effective it was, but it definitely was a positive experience. If you do smoothie it, though, just be sure you cut out all the stringy or really tough pieces before you freeze it. Sucking them up a straw is pretty yucky, and it was the only time I was conscious of what I was drinking.
Thank you for the reply! I guess maybe I'll keep waiting on the compost toilet. DH will be relieved.
DH, 7 mo old DS, and I are about to move into a cute condo with a two car garage. We're planning to live there for a year or so while we find a farm to buy, and we don't have a car, so the garage will be empty aside from whatever craft projects land there. I've been dreaming of having a sawdust/composting bucket toilet for ages, and I'm hoping this might be the time. I'd like to set up my toilet in the main house and a compost barrel in the garage, and use the same...