or Connect

Posts by Azadehhast

Our tiny babies are getting so big! Winter weighs 13 pounds-- the chunker! He's firmly in the 3-6 month size, and I definitely need to go through his clothes so when Papa dresses him, I'm not constantly saying, "not that, it's too small!"   Winter has started talking. He says all his vowel sounds and several consonants, and he loves to repeat after us. He's trying really hard to figure out how to laugh, sometimes he tries so hard he ends up crying. Sooooo cute. And...
Ugh, what a sad little night we've just had. My silly boy was squirming and unhappy the whole time. He's working on rescheduling his sleeping times so he's awake (and happy!) more in the mornings and sleeps most of the afternoon and evening, which is actually really nice. He had been sleeping most of the morning, then by evening, he would be sleepy and grumpy and just have a cry-fest until midnight. But I think the rescheduling is messing with his nighttime sleeping,...
Ugh, I'm totally discouraged in this department. Winter is six weeks old now, but in the last three weeks, I'm only down two pounds. With 25 to go, I'm realizing this will be harder than I thought. Sigh...at least I'm mostly recovered now, so I can be more active. This week I did a four mile walk while wearing my 12 pound boy--that's got to be doing something, right?
I so understand about the nursing marathons. Winter isn't nursing, but every evening from around 5 until 11, he's either crying, nursing, or sucking on my pinkie, usually the later. Once he's full, he will only take the finger, and NEEDS it desperately. Must suck mama, must suck mama. Severely limits my ability to do anything. Good thing he's so happy to be worn all day, so I can actually get a few things done!   In other news, I was mourning my baby's total,...
Haha, Mummoth, you're so right! Oh, how I love this baby!
Anyone else car-free with baby? What do you do when you're out, baby needs changed and is fussy, but it's way too cold to change him outside on a bench or something? I don't want to pop into a restaurant or something if he's screaming and will disturb the whole place, and I also feel bad using the bathroom without buying anything. Suggestions?   I just took a long walk with Winter, and we ended it at the bank. By that time, he was really grumpy and as the teller was...
Look at all our little chunkeroos--they're getting so chubby!   To prove it, I can't resist sharing Winter's rolls:   And some others:   Cozy in his mama-made woolies   Hi mama!   Grumpy baby in a basket   Yup, all 12 pounds went to the cheeks!   5 weeks old:
Yeah, hooray for Naomi finally nursing well!!! So happy for you both! Ha, my poor DH can't really do anything to make Winter happy, and I think DH is partly sad and rejected by it, partly glad not to have the extra responsibility. Really, every time I hand him baby or he comes near, W starts to cry. DH has also developed this awful habit of coming over and trying to help when W is crying on me, which makes him cry much more, which stresses me out, which makes me want to...
Thanks for the advise, mamas. I think I will suggest to a few aunties what I really need. I doubt they'll be bothered! Any Canadian mamas think you would use $100 at babies r us and want to trade cash for a gift card there? Our landlord gave me the card (wow, right?!), but I've been in the store and looked online, and they have basically nothing I would buy. Heather, I've slept plenty with baby on me, usually just laying mostly flat, propped up a bit with pillows. W...
Oh, one thing I wanted to add: a few days ago, when we were having an all day cry-fest, I asked DH if he thought someone else would be a better mother to our baby. He says no way, and that since the moment Winter was born I have been more truly myself than DH has ever seen. Mothering him just fits me so perfectly. What a love! I've felt the same way, that finally I've found the purpose of my life. I was always meant to be mother to this beautiful boy. As his mama, I'm...