or Connect

Posts by Azadehhast

Oh, don't I have a lot to say on being disappointed in my birth. It's still so tender for me, I can't really talk to anyone but DH about it yet; when people ask how he birth was, I just say something like 'long and hard' but don't even mention the C/S. I have a hard time even thinking the term, it feels like such failure to me. It's actually strange to me that during the whole ordeal, I had no real qualms about what was happening, because I knew I was doing and had done...
My turn to contribute here--yay me! Pre-preg weight: about 120 Highest preg: 165 (I think, though it was likely higher in the last week because I was quite swollen) 1week PP: 155 My baby weighed 8 pounds....so, how can I only be 10 down? Well, actually, my body is still working on processing the edema that developed during the birth. It was insane how massively swollen everything of me was after all that. I looked like I'd been hit by a bus. So I'm actually quite pleased...
Come on, Ruthie's baby! Make your way out! Rusty, Winter was born the day after Ember, and I'm still quite sore in the way you describe. Actually, everything in my bum feels like the pressure of a pushy contraction, and everything just makes it achey. I've found that leaning forward at the hips under a hot shower really helps it all relax, as does nestling with the hot water bottle. Oh, man, all these nursing issues sound sooooo stressful! I'm incredibly glad that we...
Oh, Heather, breathe deeply and be at peace. Don't worry about what you can't control! You're going to meet your baby soon! Sending you calm, peaceful, laboring vibes.
I've just consecrated my boy to the Mother, baptized him in the rain and moonshine. Since the new and bursting spring, when I knew I was busy making him, I knew I would have some sort of baptism for him, in soil, in the sea. But tonight is rain, and tomorrow we leave our cozy nest for the first time, so I brought him outside into the night, in the rain and asked Earth Mama to protect and guide his wise, gentle soul and me as his mother. Then I let the rain wash his face...
Anyone know about DTD and c-sects? I have a bit of cervical tenderness from the laboring (had the beginnings of a tear there), that's actually quite cleared up now. I'm a bit worried about damaging the uterine incision so I can't have more babies some day. But if it doesn't hurt, all is well, right?
Yay for the new babies! And hugs to you mamas still waiting. So, I think we've got all the oversupply issues all sorted now! Winter gets through just about all of one breast's milk in a feeding, then on to the next, then back again, without too much milk flowing everywhere, and without engorgement. Yay! I'm so glad it's regulated itself. And we have found the solution to the screaming diaper changes -- we just pop in the paci, just for the change, and no wailing. The new...
My god, my DH! We're only 5 days PP, and we've had two serious make-out sessions so far. Dont know how, but I guess the massive milk boobies make up for the insane whole body edema (from the labor and surgery), the constantly weepy eyes, the PP belly, and me constantly glancing longingly at baby-- he hasn't been this interested in me in two years! Aren't men ridiculous? As soon as that baby comes out, all they can't think if is putting another in there! I'm really not...
Awwww, Simon and Naomi are so cute together. And Elliot is starting to fill out and get chubbier. How quickly the newborn days pass.
I just touched my feet, massaged them, even!!!!! Oh holy yeah, this belly going away thing is fabulous! Diapers: Winter HATES diaper changes, I mean, screams bloody murder hates. So I hate them too. But he equally hates having a diaper the least bit soiled against his skin. We're going to be champion ECers--we even caught our first pee in the potty today! But that means that at night, if anyone is to get any sleep, he's changed pretty much right away. Luckily, poos...