or Connect

Posts by Azadehhast

Oh, thank you all, this is so helpful. I've tried expressing a bit after he gets the flow started, and we're staying with one breast until it is....less full-- I don't think he could ever empty it. So that's three or so feedings. He still has bursts of anger about it, but these things help. I'll try reclining, too. Where do you sit to do this? You just latch and lean back?
Happy birthing, jesusfollower! Come on, all you silly, tardy babes! You have a host of December baby-friends to meet and mamas who want to love you...come on out! So, we're on day three of milk, and there is just oh so much of it! Poor baby wants to nurse for comfort and to get to sleep, but he can't take more than 7 or so minutes at a feeding without getting so full it comes back up. He's got a bit of heartburn-ishness when sleeping horizontally-- he'll be soundly...
Happy birthing, jesusfollower! Come on, all you silly, tardy babes! You have a host of December baby-friends to meet and mamas who want to love you...come on out! So, we're on day three of milk, and there is just oh so much of it! Poor baby wants to nurse for comfort and to get to sleep, but he can't take more than 7 or so minutes at a feeding without getting so full it comes back up. He's got a bit of heartburn-ishness when sleeping horizontally-- he'll be soundly...
I finally got to wash and care for my placenta today, and mixed up my first smoothie. Yummy!   Here's a photo of Winter with his placenta, before I cut it up:
I'm so happy to be home and able to make my own contribution to this thread!! Winter is three days old now. Here are some photos from the last few days:   I'm weeping looking at this one now. This is just after leaving the OR, 30 or so minutes after he was born.   Winter and Papa:   My wise old man baby     Winter and his placenta:
Reviving this to add gushy thoughts about my little love: Winter was born at 41 weeks-- not that late,but his skin was so peely, especially his feet, and his nail were filed into sharp claws. He has dark peach fuz on his back and shoulders, a dusting of light brown hair on his head, skinny, light brows like his papa, and the longest feet, toes and fingers ever. My feet and hands are very small, and seriously, his pinky toe is as long as mine! He's got DH's light olive...
Oh, thank you so much, everyone! Yesterday was such a rough day, with too much physical activity, too much frustrating condesention from hospital people who apparently think every new mother is a total moron, and much too much exhaustion. But my milk came in in the morning, Winter nursed little and slept TONS, we came home around lucnchtime (!!!!!!) to find my mom had stocked the freezer with a weeks' food and cleaned the house before going home, and then I held my little...
Ok, back to grumble grumble (and cry a bit, because I think I've slept 4 hours since labor began, and I kind of can't not cry). We're still in the hospital, desperately looking forward to going home tomorrow (happy Christmas!!). I have the sweetest, lovey-est baby ever. He came out after that crazy birth, cuddled skin-to-skin with DH while I was being put back together, and was instantly looking to nurse, and soaked DH's chest from rooting about. His first latch was...
I'm back! I just discovered there is Internet here, and I'm so pleased, because I've been missing you all! And I'm not pregnant any more! Labour started around midnight on the 21st, and went on and on and on because baby was malpositioned and I had the strongest bag of waters ever. Transferred to hospital and ended up with a c-sect 12 hours after that, when baby's heart rate was dramatically decelerating. So 50 hours labouring, including two full nights, and baby born...
Winter is here! Our little boy, Winter Rhys was born Dec 23 at 1:04 am, and weighed 8 pounds 3 ounces. We had a super tough 50 hours of labouring followed by a very necessary emergency cesarian, but all is well now, and he is oh so perfect and strong.