or Connect

Posts by MamaChef

around 6 weeks the scab that formed over where your placenta was usually comes off and causes some more bleeding.. it will probably be over quickly..  
Oh.. one last thing.. this is around 6 weeks for alot of us.  There is a big growth spurt and some babies this is the height of their colicky period.   Maybe in a couple weeks your babes wont mind being put down as much.
bluepetals, that was exactly it.. no moisturizer touches it.  It really has to be exfoliated off.   elonwy, The peeing will hopefully get better too.  I had a bit of a pain when I finished peeing for the first 2 weeks.  I was worried it wasnt going to resolve, but it did.  Take the vicodine!  I didnt take any the first time and I wished I had more at the end of 2 weeks this time.  I almost called and asked for some.  You have to stay on top of your pain to be...
Maybe not a super popular opinion.. and my ideas of what attachment is when used in parenting is very different then some.. but I think they have to fuss a little.  No CIO.  You are there, you soothe them, you pick them up calm them and try it again 20 minutes later.. you let them fuss for a couple minutes and talk to them..  But if you dont ever put them down they arent gonna dig it when you do :)   I held DD1 all the time, this one gets held alot.  But what is so...
When you have a long long labor like you did, you are recovering from the labor and the surgery.  You ran a marathon then had major abdominal surgery.. it's hardcore.  So, yes it does start getting significantly better at 2 weeks, but you might be up to a month before you are feeling normal again.  We celebrated DD2 1 month birthday with a visit to the zoo where I wore her.  We walked around for 4 hours.. and although I had a couple cramps, I felt pretty darn good.  At 1...
It sounds like Overactive Let down and foremilk/hindmilk imbalance.  They often go hand in hand.  You might think about expressing or pumping some off so you can extend the blocks.  Not everyone would need extreme blocks like I do.. but Id try that first.
nak   karen, try increasing the block and burping mid and end feed.  I tried going down to a 6 hr block from 12 and she was gassy, grumpy, spitting up.. totally different baby.  went back to 12hr block and we are good again. foremilk/hindmilk imbalance is a pita   bluepetals, YAY for nursing going better.  DD1 was easily dxed with the posterior tie by a lactation nurse, they just had to look really closely.  She was tied from mid tongue all the way to the back. ...
Im so sorry you are having to go through the nursing problems on top of all the other challenges/changes in plans.  I think the nursing issues I had with my first were the worst of all of it.  And kinda a fml/insult to injury after being so patient (42w5d), not getting to have a hb and having a c-section to boot.  I made plenty of milk but she had a tongue tie, I have large breasts and flat nipples...  we used a SNS, syringe fed.. finger fed.. bottle fed..did a nipple...
  :)  Im so glad you listened to your body and your baby.  What an amazing thing to try so hard for so long to give your son the best birth for him.. and in the process to surrender your own wants to co-write this story with your baby... to ultimately sacrifice self to put on a new aspect of self as mother.  Wow.. the lessons you have gained.  Nothing could mean more then the amazing stamina, love and courage you gave to your birth journey.  It's healthy to say farewell...
Exactly.   I am so very sorry for your family's loss.