or Connect

Posts by baltimoremomtobe

My due date is now one day later (11/26/11), thanks!
Marnica and Pickleopolous - I am soo sorry for both of your losses.  I can only imagine the tremendous pain you are both going through.  Take time to grieve and definitely seek out resources both here on the internet and in your community.  I will be sending you positive energy for the days and weeks that come. 
I've told a few people at work (they are OBs, midwives and one close nurse friend).  I haven't told any of my close family or friends.  I just had a loss in the fall and found that the people who knew I was pregnant early on and then found out about my mc didn't seem as supportive as I would have liked (they didn't have kids either, making it harder for them to understand the loss and grief I experienced).  I feel lucky to have my DDC here on Mothering.com.  It's been a...
Thanks Xakana.   You are totally right.  Everyone says nausea comes and goes, but in the case of us PAL mommas, the nausea, feeling the fundus, the boob tenderness (whatever your preferred pregnancy symptom is) might be the only thing that comforts us into believing that the pregnancy will stick.  I got so neurotic yesterday that I called my doctor's office to see if I could reschedule my u/s for sooner.  They didn't have any openings so I told them to keep the Wed....
Can I please be added?  Thanks   * EDD: 11/25 * Name: Maria * Age at conception / Age at delivery:  35/36 * Location: Baltimore, MD * How long it took to you to get your BFP: 4 months after my last m/c * What number child is this for you: #1 * Family: my dh and two pugs * Baby's gender: We will definitely find out * Names you like: Olivia, Mateo * Birth plans/preferences: Before I found out I was pregnant with twins, I...
Thanks, artsmama.   Yes, I am still stressed and while I don't know how you are feeling, I can certainly empathize with it.  I have never had a viable pregnancy so I don't have anything to gauge what is "normal", although I know each pregnancy can be different even for the same woman.   I do wish sticky babies for all of us too!  This is such a nervewracking time - especially since I lost my last baby sometime after my 8 week u/s and when I found out at 10...
Ugh.  I'm trying not to stress.  I felt horrible on Tuesday (fatigue, nausea, etc) and woke up Wednesday feeling great.  No nausea, but my breasts were still sore.  I ate voraciously yesterday and then slept all day today (I work night shift).  I woke up feeling refreshed from a really good sleep but my breast tenderness/pain was gone...they still feel full.  Since I don't know what "normal" feels like, I can't help but to stress about a potential m/c.  I'm glad we have...
@ Tank-   I'm just curious why they'd be treating you for GBS so early in the pregnancy?  Do they think GBS might increase your r/o m/c?  I've never heard of someone being treated in the first trimester.  Also, the irritation is most likely causing all of that bleeding.  Ugh...the itchiness is unbearable...I've had my fair share of yeast infections and definitely do not envy you right now.  Get yourself some good yogurt and probiotics!
Hi Pickle,   I wish I knew how to ease your stress.  I have only had losses so I don't know what a "normal" pregnancy feels like.  With this pregnancy, I went from having only occasional lower abdominal cramps and minor fatigue to full-blown fatigue and nausea (which fluctuates with periods of immense hunger and thirst) right around 6 weeks.  I'm only 6w2d right now so who knows what I'll feel like next week?  With my last pregnancy we actually saw a heartbeat then...
Hi TTC Chloe or Connor...could you please add me to the list.   Maria, 35, due date 11/25/11 with TWINS! after two losses (2/06 and 9/10) and 4 months of TTC in between our last loss and this pregnancy.