or Connect

Posts by Sfcmama

Oh, and that's not snarky?! Cmon! All we are asking is that Peggy/mdc/mods adhere tothe same standards that they require of its members.
Moonwillow - can you be more specific/direct about what the UA violations are? It seems like every time someone questions the admin or demands accountability or clarity, we are threatened with a thread being closed.
Additional apologies for taking up space in this forum with this issue.  And boooooo to Mothering for limiting homophia and racism to be queer issues. (as reinforced by Peggy's post in only this thread, which IMO deserves coal raking - big cost to be the boss)  I wouldn't have even known about this post if it wasn't for another website!!!   Moonwillow - I can only assume this post was directed (somewhat or fully) at me. Peggy provided history and context in her reply and...
I'm not even sure where to start...   Yes, it's incredibly outdated and insensitive to use the term sexual preference - but my sense is that the "other" (race, income, nationality, etc.) has never been equally valued at MDC.  And, yes, it's incredibly marginalizing to post this response only in the queer forum.  Do I need to be queer to be offended these actions?!    But fear and panic?!  The only fear I've detected is not being able to question the actions of...
Hiya- TMI maybe but I'm on the tail end of a yeast infection and have just started my period. (the fun never ends!)  Do I have to treat my mama cloth pads the same way as yeasty diapers?  I always wash them on cold but I suppose I could add vinegar just to be safe....? TIA!
Yes! Claification please! Its no wonder people go to ther sites to talk a out mdc when repeated requests for more info go unanswered...
Well put! The locking of threads and name calling (trolls) is ridiculous, especially in light of "less moderation".
Yowzers! I don't think she was implying ANY ill intent by the mods, but rather just guessing given the recent shut down of threads with no further discussion. I certainly didn't read any mod bashing in her post. It does sound, however, by the tone of recent mod/admin posts that you all are under a lot of stress lately. Frustrations are mounting on all sides and I think we are all just tryin to make sense of a very different community than what we are used to and/or hope to...
What she said!
In my opinion, the more/less moderation conversation is just a polite distraction from what's really causing the funky vibe. More and more members are becoming aware of and outraged by the racist and homophobic threads hosted by mdc, combined with a lack or responsibility by mdc for their recent egregious "errors" in ad partnering. Furthermore, I think members are losing patience with the response given when the authority here is questioned. Instead of healthy discussion,...