or Connect

Posts by lilgavbenstine

I am currently nursing my 2 yr old and due any day with a new baby. I know its very important that the newborn gets all the colostrum possible. What I am not sure about is what to do if toddler asks to nurse in the hospital when all I have is colostrum. Typically we only nurse at home and only on the chair/couch or the bed so I don't even know if he'll ask. But if he does is it ok to let him? Should I only allow a "quick sip". I don't want to say no but I also don't want...
I did not want to invest in a new carrier. I have a Kanga Xt and a baby hawk. I was hoping the baby hawk would work. Has anyone used it succesfully with a newborn? Baby is due in August and I was worried that a moby or sleepy wrap would be way too hot.   Thanks  
Can anyone show me pictures or give me advice on how to put a newborn in a Baby Hawk Mei Tai? Do you need to fold the head rest down or use a blanket to get baby up higher? Can you use the babyhawk from birth?
I am 25 weeks pregnant with my 4th little one. I am starting to think about my birth plan. There are some new things I have learned since my YDS was born 2 yrs ago and I would like to include them in my birth plan and also I want to do things different this time around if at all possible. Here are the things I want to include/change but I'm not sure how to go about it. IV -I have been GBS+ with all my LO's and I end up with and IV and have to be either be pushing it...
Hi I was hoping some of you would be able to help me with some dosing questions. I was wondering how many more doses if any and when if any boosters are due. How are you handling boosters? This what he received His bday is 3/5/09 HIB and Prevnar at 7m 10/14/09, 11m 2/11/10 and 13m 4/26/10 DTaP 6m 9/14/09, 9m 12/15/09, 12m 3/16/10 Polio 15m 6/22/10 and 17m 8/20/10 Also I am expecting another little one this August. I want to delay shots until 6 months. I was...
Another beneft/con depending on how you look at it about RF is snacking. I know with my older kids who FF at or before 1, they are 12 and 10 now, snacked all the time in the car. We did drive thru frequently. I'd hand them their burger and we be off. With YDS we rarely alow him to eat in his seat because I can't see him and I can't tell if he's ok. I think its so much better. Older kids began to expect a snack on every car ride. Ben doesn't even ask. And we avoid the...
DS is 23 months stil rf. I want to FF before the new one arrives in Aug. Just because it would be easier to see what he is doing to his sibling but knowing what I know prevents me from doing that. If he'd die in an accident and he might have lived if he was rf I could not live with my self. Plus I think rf gives my older dd more shoulder room since I will be squeezing her in the back with the two  babies. We're shooting for 3 yrs old.
  I am so lost on how to handle Boo. He’ll be 2 in March. He is for the most part a great kid. Very smart, too smart for his good and a smile that melts your heart.  We have been using the “naughty spot” for major things like hitting, biting and pinching, things that cause harm to other people. I am not sure if we’re doing it right because it doesn’t have much effect. Typically he gets one warning, naughty spot for 1 min and 45 seconds (we’re working up to 2 mins). We...
Thanks for the tips. I should mention that he still wakes to nurse at night I am not sure how much. We bed share and he helps himself. So I am really not sure how restful his nights are.
Hi I am a new poster. I have stalked for awhile though. I'm having quite a few minor issues with my toddler but the biggest is sleep. He has the worst sleep pattern and I am not sure how to fix it. I guess first I will give you some background and then I will give you the low down of our typical weekday. Weekends are just crazy so I won't bother there. I am a mom of 3 ODS 11, DD 10 and YDS 20months. Its amazing what you forget in 9 years. Anyway during the week Boo...