or Connect

Posts by mamaharrison

how exciting, ladies--especially Natalie!! I can't wait to hear more birthy news now that cielo has ignited the flame!! I am sooooo excited to meet my baby and to see pics of all of your squishy little wee babes, too!! Nothing new here. Feeling like the talk I had with baby about second week of december being a really good week for birthday has been heard ;) So....we'll see!
I don't rec. disposable chux pads--they are full of yucky chemicals and probably not comfy to sleep on top of + expensive. I use fabric backed ones like this--http://www.northshorecare.com/underpadswash1.html?gclid=CNPt69GK27MCFQf0nAoddXQAXA--whenever I have a friend birth in the hopsital, I ask if they will bring me a few--haha! Second the peri bottle--you can fill that with herbs, too. I am not a big fan of any meds or such, so have no experience there, but the...
I second the coconut oil for nipples--it works for everything!  We also don't bathe our babes until they are bigger/older. We do lots of skin to skin and oiling up with coconut oils and other blends and DD never had any rashes or skin issues. When we do feel the need to clean babe we use African Black Soap, which is really wonderful. ALthough I did like to bathe PP and found that nursing in the bath was a great time with DD when she was an infant--DH worked nights and...
SO glad that you are doing this good work now ; ) clearing the way for the best birth for you and babe ; ) and glad to be of some help and reassurance, too. Just wanted to say that I found the shower to be very helpful during labor--even more so than the tub--it had a detachable shower head and there was a stool in there to sit on and I really enjoyed it a lot! I think your plans sound very good!! You do whatever you need to do to birth that baby--nothing you could do...
I definitely am nearing {or there} THAT point in pregnancy, as Tropicana put it! I am feeling much like you and Kel, except my 'go' date is Thanksgiving {37 weeks for legal HBMW in FL} and I am 3+ weeks away from EDD. 2 weeks ago I was feeling very birthy and babe was really low--felt like I was sitting on baby head, but things changed this week. Baby rotated from left to right and I no longer feel like I a sitting on a baby head, which is lovely, but also frustrating. I...
I don't know anything about bottles so I will let the other mamas answer that ; ) but I have heard the same things about those two brands. I think that usually you just have to take this as it comes--every babe is different. You will need to have pads for PP--you will bleed {lochia} and it will be kinda like a period for 2-6 weeks. Sitz baths are really nice to have on hand--you don't have to have them, but it's something that is really nice and beneficial and you...
I had a MWs had up my vagina 'holding back a lip' for an hour while I pushed and would never do it again. When I finally came to my senses and basically yelled that I wanted her hand out of my vagina NOW she 'accidentally' broke my water without permission :(  I can see where it would have been 'worth it' if it had worked and DD would have been born, but now I just feel like physiological birth is the way to go for me period. I don't like the managed aspect of it at...
YES!! Please ;)
I LOVE her name! COngrats strong mama!! What an auspicious day to choice as a Birthday. I suspect that Miss Matilda is indeed a very special girl <3 Who will bring much light and wisdom into the World. Can't wait to see pics of her!!
I haven't read all the responses yet, but here is my 2 cents on it  in the order of your concerns: Get sleep whenever you can but don't stress about it. Often times you will miraculously get a full nights sleep the night before spontaneous labor starts~~~it is the universes way of working it out for you ;) Buy the book Back Labor No More off amazon--it is cheap, can be read in an hour, and will explain what you can DO in labor to handle back labor. Can you buy a fishy...