or Connect

Posts by mamaharrison

It is more like 60% of kiddos wean during mamas pregnancy, but yea, the number is high. However, I feel like I have WAY more friends whose kiddos did NOT wean than those whose did. I know MANY very dedicated breastfeeding mama, and of those who have lost their milk completely only 1 had a child that weaned--mother encouraged. I agree with your notion of choosing an age that I would be ok with weaning if it did occur though and that means 2 years in July! So, in that...
So, do your kiddos nurse still even after your milk disappears?   This is the number 1 reason why I am not going to force anything by encouraging nursing changes and/or taking herbs to 'induce' a return to fertility--I would be very upset if I did that, got pregnant and lost my milk and Josie STOPPED nursing before she was 2 (7/21). So....I am very interested in getting pregnant with #2, but not going to really do anything beyond 'whatever' until this summer. I will be...
  I would think that constitutes an abrupt change. Although this wouldn't work for DD and I because she doesn't nurse on any kind of regular schedule during the day, but worth a try I think.     I have made an appt with an ND to address preconception health and the issue of TTC without any kind of weaning--I don't think DD is ready for any kind of nightweaning yet because she gets most of her nursing in during the night vs. day. I don't know what vitex is, but an very...
I am listening in on this because DD is approaching 16 months and I haven't had PPAF and I just have a *feeling* that this may be something in the cards for me. I hope it isn't because we want another and are 'whatevering' now. Hope you get some good info hear and hope that the gentle weaning goes well for you and your kiddo.
Thanks for your encouragement and for sharing your story Stellamia! I had already lokked at Dr. Jay Gordon's nightweaning advice and had decided that I would try it when I did become pregnant so that I wouldn't have 2 nurslings through the night. I think that when we are truly ready, if we find ourselves unable to conceive then I may try that to help bring on the O. I used OPK the last 2 days because I have been feeling very fertile and although the lines were not as...
so many of you mamas use these tests--can more of you please weigh in
I had the stomach flu when I was approx 30 weeks with DD and I took activated charcoal and it stopped the stomach ache/vomiting within 15 minutes. Hope you feel better soon
I am BFing 15 month old DD and have not had PPAF yet, but have had cyclical changes for the last 4 months. This morning I woke up with the feeling that I am about to ovulate--very heavy uterus, a bit crampy, and tender breasts. Checked my CM (which I am no pro at) and it is wet, thin, and stretchy, but not quite EW yet (I had EW last month for sure). I used one of those ovulation predictor tests from the dollar tree just now (first time ever) and there is a faint pink line...
Hubs and I aren't officially TTC yet, but we would like to start by the new year. My daughter will be 16 months old on 11/21 and still breastfeeds for 90% of her nutrition. I still haven't had a PPAF yet. Not even a hint of one. Right around my DDs first birthday (7/21) I did start having cyclical changes--mood shifts, heavy feeling uterus, crampy, and CM changes and my sex drive started to come back --but no AF (not complaining). She has gone 4 hours without BFing but...
Quote: Originally Posted by MaerynPearl you cant exactly be fertile for 4 months.... you are only fertile 5 days before and 1 day after ovulation... any other time, you can have fertility signs and not be pregnant (and even if you get signs of ovulation every 4 weeks, if you are not getting your period within a couple weeks after them and are not pregnant, you are not actually ovulating at those times. of course, the time your body finally decides to...