or Connect

Posts by mamaharrison

There is no inherent right or wrong to either position. They are just variations of nursing. DO what works for you and your babe ; ) WWhile most mamas are comfortable with straight backed nursing with a pillow to support babe there are many instances where that is not likely to work--for mamas who are super duper milk makers {over supply issues} they often find that reclined nursing is the only way to keep babe from choking on letdown. So, they aren't opposing...
I agree wit you, Kel. All the research I have done says the same.  Sego--if you get a lip this time try to literally hold your belly up and get that baby head square on the cervix for a few contractions--this is what 'back labor no more' is all about--and I have had a few friends do this with AMAZING results--like baby flying out of vagina results! hahahaaaaa I plan on getting this baby head on my cervix this time--no messing around!
Getting close ladies! I wanted to share some great resources on breastfeeding for the first timers and as a refresher, too. http://www.llli.org/nb.html--evidence based bfing info on every topic you can think of! great info about 'the early weeks'. http://kellymom.com/category/pregnancy/bf-prep/--great info on 'how to prepare for breastfeeding while pregnant' and basics on what makes breastfeeding great for mom, baby, and...
I used EPO orally and vaginally from 35 weeks with DD. I had terrible trouble with cervical dilation and a lip for days, but compounding issues {short cord, malposition, head no engaged or against the cervix for much of labor, scar tissue}. So, I can't say if my cervix was ripened by the EPO or not, but I can say that I am not taking it this time because it was expensive and I didn't really feel like there was a benefit. I would consider borgae oil if it were cheap...
From what I understand it is fairly common to feel this way after having a cervical check :/ Some women have especially touchy cervix and when examined they react this way. Whether or not it will lead to active labor for you, who knows, but if not I would suggest you not get checked again until you are ready to have a baby ; ) I would take a shower--that always slows or stops things if it isn't the real deal for me. Also, I know what you mean about not feeling the...
yes, thoughts are with you daily!
that is odd--I KNOW she doesn't have any kiddo in an infant seat since her youngest is 2 now--maybe that is the configuration she had when DD was born though? But now I feel like she has 1 in a HBB, and 2 radians--at least that was last I saw and 1 radian is RF.Yes, I totally get the infant seat in the middle issue--that is where our infant seats have to go and I don't take the seats out ever {babywearer} and so bending in and out does suck and I wouldn't want to do it...
I completely changed the supply list. I asked what was essential for her and made modifications for most everything. I don't use plastic sheeting on the bed or floor--we are using wool blankets to protect the bed. I don't use depends or any commercial pads--I have mama cloth and prefolds for that. We are burning the cord and so don't need a cord clamp or anything link that. I didn't buy a brand new thermometer or tape measure since I already have those things. I also am...
stegan--have you contacted my cousin for help? I think she could really give you some good advice ; ) She has 3 across the back of an older prius and her hubs is 6'2'' and has seat all the way back and a BIG 7 year old in a booster, a 5 year old in a car seat, and a 2 year old in a convertable--and they did this when the 2 year old was an infant, too....AND she is a safety seat installer, so she knows her shit! czint@yahoo.com--really--ask her what she has going on...
Thinking of you, mama. Sending love and light your way~~~ I don't know if anyone has heard any news from you since this posting.  KNOWING the highest good for you and your babe is at hand no matter what is happening right now!!