or Connect

Posts by tinybutterfly

Finally able to do this.The house is not "finished," but is in progress. Still need to fix ceilings, paint three of the bedrooms, need some art work, not sure what I want to do with the windows ( I pulled the curtains down,) The basement walls need to be painted white and both finished basement rooms need new flooring ( still has what previous owners put on walls and floors) and new ceilings.   All of that said, here is what I have gotten done. I used to have lots of...
Rarely.    Dh has always worked long, long hours.    When the boys were young I used to eat meals with just them.   As they grew older and were involved in activities outside the home ( sports, Scouts, school plays, marching band, jobs, etc.) it became difficult to eat together with the boys, especially once both boys were busy with different activities at different times.   Now ds#1 has moved out, ds#2 is in college and working, but living at home, dh still works...
 Thank you for posting this link! It's disabled now, but I typed in "consumed" into the search bar and it came up.  I also love to watch Hoarders. It still inspires me. :) It makes dh very nervous. He can't watch it. 
I'm still here. Actually came back to MDC today to look in this forum.    Texted my older son earlier today and told him he needs to come home after Easter for a week-end to go through his room and all of his boxes we have stored in our basement. If he doesn't come home to do this, dh and I will do it, but we don't know which things are super important to him and which are just junk. He really needs to be here and it HAS to be done. He's almost 26 and I want this stuff...
I'm not a minimalist, though I fantasize about it. lol.    I have been working on simplifying my life for several years now and am making progress. Not "there" yet, but I AM closer!    I LOVE Elaine St. James book Simplify Your Life: 100 Ways to Slow Down and Enjoy the Things That Really Matter. One of my all time favorite books EVER.    http://How to Simplify Your Life   I just ordered another book of her's titled Living the Simple LIfe: A Guide to Scaling Down...
 Me, too! It was fun...all those fluffernutter sandwiches!  ((((((((((GIANT HUGS)))))))) to youuuuu!!! 
I wish we had been tv free when the boys were young.    Good for all of you who are tv free with little ones. 
Not an OLDIE oldie, but a kinda oldie.    I joined in 2004. I used to post a lot!    Then I left around the time the board format changed. The new layout was confusing to me, plus I was just on the computer way too much.    I pop in now and then to read a bit. I rarely post these days.    My boys are 25 and 19 now.   My 19 year may be moving out late spring and I told him I'd send him a link to "my old mothering board" cuz they have lots of good info about buying...
I am sorry your mom is dumping so much stuff at your house.    Have you ever read the book The Five Love Languages? Maybe her love language is gifts?    If it is and she is showing her love for you by giving you stuff, maybe you can get her to give you usable stuff ( food items, nice soaps, annual garden plants or flowers, etc.) things that get used up and don't take up space in your house forever and ever.   That way she can give you things that will get used up, so...
Hi! I have posted here off and on for a number of years and have been decluttering for a long time...I am not "there" yet and am thinking maybe it becomes a way of life to always be decluttering. It's not destination so much as a constant journey.    I had my upstairs decluttered and in great shape, but the storage area in my basement is the sore spot in my house. It's worse than it was when I started the whole decluttering journey! So...going to again tackle the...