or Connect

Posts by crunchyruchie

Hi, Jacquelinej! from what I understand, there is nothing that a birth center has that your average home birth midwife doesn't. Hopefully, other people who know more than I do can chime in, but my midwife who will be doing my home birth said that she always brings pitocin in case of a hemorrhage. She mentioned this to me because I'm a redhead and in her experience we're prone to that sort of thing.
You mamas are so on top of things! I'm planning a doctor's appointment with my family doctor next week, just so that I can get a blood test, some peace of mind, and know that everything is progressing smoothly. I think I'm anxious about actually setting up an appointment with a midwife (which is what I need to do, since I want a homebirth) because I'm not sure if I can totally afford it. The least expensive one in my area who seems super lovely would be my first choice....
Oh, this is great!  I'm unsure as to whether I should take all of the supplements I actually have in my cabinet (new chapter iron, new chapter calcium/mag and B6 and D) so I'm planning on asking my doctor before I get really exploratory. As for now I'm sticking with Rainbow Light prenatal and a DHA by spectrum, which is really great. I prefer New Chapter, but I only had a regular multivitamin from new chapter, which meant I had to dig the Rainbow light from the back of...
Hi, All! I'm also having some symptoms, but they're very slight. I'm feeling really bloated and constipated, but I also have IBS-constipation, so that's not totally new, though this is more persistent and just feels different somehow. My nipples have a weird tingling feeling occasionally, and I am sooo thirsty!!!! I also have an incredibly dry mouth, like even my gums are dry. Are any of you all experiencing this? I would say that this was my very first pregnancy...
Hi Mamas! I've been lurking on mothering.com for years, and I'm so happy to finally be able to join a ddc! This is my first pregnancy, and dh and I got lucky, as we got pregnant our second month trying. I'm 30 years old, and my edd is May 12th! It's so early, and I almost wish I was having more symptoms so that I knew this was For Real. It seems so patently unbelievable, but at the very same time I feel quite attached to this little life and I'm hoping, hoping, hoping...
Thanks Cindy and Birdie! I think there's so much fear out there about diet in general, and there's a lot of nonsense about being vegetarian or vegan during pregnancy or when TTC, so I just wanted to be reassured by you guys. You GET it!!! I kind of think it's funny that certain doctors are afraid of veganism or vegetarianism during prenancy, particularly given the terrible food that a lot of people eat. I feel like the pounds of hormones in meat, all of the rhbt in...
Hi, ladies! I just wanted to introduce myself! I'm veg, and I just finished my first cycle of TTC. I quit taking BC about two months ago, and I had a normal first cycle, thought I O (based on some mid-cycle spotting) but here I am, CD 29 with no AF, but a string of BFNs, and so I'm just looking forward to starting a new cycle, taking my BBT and charting. Hopefully this next month will be kind to me! I'm really excited about this thread, and I'm happy to be here!...
Hmmm...I hope I'm doing this right! I've been a reader of the forum for a while now, just waiting to TTC, and now's the time. DH and I are going into our second month of trying, and I'm hoping that it works this month. I'd love to join you ladies, and I'm really excited to be here I haven't started charting yet, though I will this month. Last month it was nearly impossible because I was out of the country for the early part of my cycle, and I didn't want to obsess (or...