or Connect

Posts by Jwebbal

Yeah, this whole thing is surreal now. I just realized that my son will be off limits from her kids for one month unless he comes down with pox very early in the contagious period. With the week off because of Friend C, then potential contagion after 10 days, and being potentially contagious up to 21 days during which Friend B doesn't want her kids to get CP because of her daughter's first birthday party less than 10 days after, and a week long camping trip we will be...
Oh, and as for my friend B, I will just work harder to be a good friend and not put her in the middle. She shouldn't have to worry about being in the middle, and my occasional insecurities. In fact she shared her own insecurities when I started spending time with Friend D! I know I am her closest friend, I know we are friends for the long term. I know I am a good friend to her, that our sons love each other dearly, and that my son is a good friend as well. Friend C...
I fixed my OP to give each friend a specific letter. I am somewhat calmer now, and know I can get over this. I am still not sure how I feel towards Friend C, I think some of this is related to our difficulties in the past. That I may be a tiny bit jealous. Some time ago Friends A, B, C and me were together, Friend C and B had planned a trip together, no big deal, many of us do stuff with one friend only, it's difficult to do everything together, yk? We hang...
It's one thing when someone unknowingly exposes others to a disease they are not aware they have. It's quite another if you KNOW you have intentionally exposed your child to a disease that has the potential to hurt others who have compromised immune systems (cancer, HIV, both children and adults). When you expose your child intentionally, you know when the period of potential contagion will be, and yes, it is your responsibility to keep your child from exposing others...
I respect what has been said, and appreciate it. I do. However, no one is going to catch anything from ME, and no one is going to catch anything from my son until at least a week, but more like 10 days IF he even gets it. Of course I would be very concerned about giving it to ANYONE, especially those who have not had it and are now adults. But yes, it's all irrational fear, and fine, I will respect it, even if I don't understand it. And tigerchild, thank you for...
Well, I guess I must be crazy, as almost 100 people have read this thread and only two answered back. Hmm, perhaps it would be wise to just delete?
Quote: Originally Posted by MomToKandE Does the mom have a compromised immune system? (chemo patient or something like that?) I'm looking for a reason that mom and your friend would be so hyper-concerned. Otherwise, yes I'd be hurt. Hopefully I'd get over it quickly but at least in the short term I'd feel bruised that people I thought were reasonable were acting so apparently unreasonable. She just has general health problems (obesity,...
oh, and sorry for the book! I guess I needed to get it out?
Just this week a friend's child came up with chicken pox, so a few of us decided to go over and try and get our kids exposed. We are a small group and chicken pox has been very rare, as it seems to be getting these days. My son had the first vax, but I have put the second one off in an attempt to get him natural immunity. The kid infected had one shot as well. Friend A friend exposed her two kids, Friend B was seriously thinking about it but decided against it because...
A friend's teenage daughter caught malaria while in India. She had stopped taking the medication like so many of her friends because the meds made them sick. She became very, very ill. Had to fly back to the states and spent a long time recovering. It is not something I would take lightly at all.