or Connect

Posts by Jwebbal

I have no idea what is going on with your heart, but I think you should get it evaluated.
My wife works in an ER, and is part of a team of people who save lives everyday. I think there is definitely a place for alternative treatments, especially for prevention, or for low level things. But when things get really serious, serious treatment is needed, and yes, sometimes that can get into life or death situations. I would hate to see someone lose a child, or have a child suffer permanent damage because they delayed appropriate treatment. I see people posting...
There is no cure for type 1 diabetes with diet only. Type 1 means she produces no insulin, insulin is required to get glucose to the cells that need it. I think some good books on diabetes, but especially some healthy diet books would be most helpful and healthful! Yes, her whole family needs to start eating differently, and counting carbs while helpful isn't all that is required to get on a good track.
http://uimc.discoveryhospital.com/main.php?id=946 Quote: A fever greater than 106 degrees Fahrenheit can result in brain damage and death in some cases. This level of fever is hardly ever brought on by common illnesses. It can be seen in bacterial meningitis, in a rare reaction to anesthesia called malignant hyperthermia, or if a person is in a situation where he or she cannot cool himself or the body's temperature regulation mechanism has failed (heat...
Quote: Originally Posted by LBMarie9 View Post A long-lasting high fever has a higher chance of being either bacterial or more serious and something underlying that needs medical attention. -Angela __________ Yes, basically the body cannot tolerate a long term...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mamato3wild ponnie {just a ?--what are the dangers in not giving a nebulizer? I mean --if my DD is congested =but obviously breathing enough (if she seemed to be working too hard I would take her right in)---but those treatments are sad crap- I gave them to my son- made him shaky and feel crappy. is there some sort of damage that being weezing puts my child at risk for that I'm not thinking of--if i try my best to open up...
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna What I meant is that the febrile seizures themselves are not damaging to the child. -Angela There are symptoms to be mindful of if your child has a febrile seizure; # Rush to the emergency medical facility in these cases: * The seizure lasts more than 5 minutes. * The child has serious trouble breathing or stops breathing. * The child develops cyanosis (blueness of the skin)...
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna heh- I don't go to wiki for health info More reliable sources say that the body won't let the fever go too high short of poisoning situations. -Angela I don't either, the OP did. The real problem with extreme fevers is the high chance that it is a symptom of severe bacterial infection. It is also likely that it's viral, but the difference between SBI and viral is huge and definitely demands...
Quote: Originally Posted by punkrockmomma And I know this is going to sound really strange, but hear me out. I feel that these illnesses are nature's way of thinning the herd. There are way to many people on the planet, and one day we are going to really suffer for not letting mother nature take it's coarse. Yes, it would be horrible if DD died from one of these diseases, don't get me wrong. I just don't believe in going against mother nature, because she...
Quote: Our bodies have a thermostat and our temperatures will never get too high as a result of an illness. If you read the wikipedia article, you will see mentioned that there is a risk of extreme fevers above 106. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperpyrexia