or Connect

Posts by Jwebbal

Parenting with Pride: Annual LGBT Family Conference and Resource Fair – Saturday, March 4 March 4, 2006 8:30 am – 5 pm Selma Avenue Elementary School in Hollywood The L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center’s 3rd annual parenting conference will include 22 workshops for parents and parents-to-be, a parenting resource fair sponsored by The Pop Luck Club that brings together more than 40 exhibitors offering services for prospective and existing parents, dynamic...
I have seen this very thing myself some time ago, a mom driving a car with a newborn baby in her lap. There was another person in the passenger seat and I was shocked. Next time I see it I am calling the police and following the car. Britney should be ashamed of herself, there is absolutely NO excuse for her doing this. Like someone else said, the bodyguard had HIS seatbelt on! Take it off, and get that baby in a car seat! I don't care if the texas chainsaw massacre...
From Familypride.org Family Pride Launches Registration for Family Week 2006! Our 11th Annual Celebration of LGBT Families in Provincetown Family Week 2006 is set to be the anchor of Family Pride programming during the most ambitious and important year in Family Pride’s rich 27-year history. Register Now! This year LGBT families are going to be hit hard – anti-LGBT family sentiment in state legislatures is estimated to be at an all time high. In 2006, we...
We have attended this camp twice now, and LOVE it! Great fun, very cheap and lots of gay and lesbian families to hang out with and have fun! All put on by the Gay and Lesbian Center Family Services Program of Los Angeles. Registrations for the Spring Rainbow Family Camp, Friday, April 7 – Sunday, April 9, 2006 are now being accepted. A flier/registration form for your family’s use cna be found at...
My little guy was under 25 lbs when he potty trained at just under the age of 2. We got him Hanna Anderson's training pants in the smallest size and the smallest size in their boxer briefs. The boxer briefs seem to be a bit smaller than the training pants. Both worked well for my guy, I couldn't find anything under 2T back when I was looking, except for Hanna's. I LOVE the boxer briefs! I think they may be what you are looking for, as their legs are tighter than the...
Nope, average 5'4'' but with large and floppy breasts. Like I said, only did it once in a pinch (baby was not eating food fulltime) and no breast pump with me. I did not need to loosen either his straps nor my seat belt. His seat was rear facing though. I would fully recommend using a bottle with either EBM or water over what I did, totally.
Quote: Okay... this is just ridiculous. There is NO way to nurse while being buckled in tightly, with or without shoulder belt. Please don't tell me that I can't do something that I have done! Yes, it is possible for some of us, and no I did not loosen my restraint in any way. I was not on my knees, nor leaning precariously. I cannot do it in a car, nor would I try, but I did do it once while in an airplane. I find it interesting that you are...
As to feeding an infant while in a car seat. I think some people might be forgetting that with a baby under a year you can rear face the car seat (and its better to anyway) and since you will only have a lap belt it is somewhat possible to nurse during take off and landing. My son did take a bottle when he was younger, so I think I did a bottle on the outgoing flight, but on the return flight I did not have a breast pump so I would either give him water in a bottle (he...
[QUOTE=momof4peppers]I totally DISAGREE with the notion of strapping your under-2 year olds into their own carseats on a plane. it strikes me as such a myopic view of parents of singletons. And airline tickets for less than $500? I don't think you've flown in a while. I've never paid LESS than $600 a ticket. I alone am keeping several bankrupt airlines in business. QUOTE] Actually I fly all the time, three times this last year and like someone else said, very...
Quote: Yes, that's why they have seatbelts for the babies, bring them to you, show you how to use them, and ask ALL passengers, including babies, to wear their seat belts at all times even when the light isn't on. It's also why the bassinettes have those straps over the top - to restrain the baby in the event of turbulence. This is true on most international flights but not true on domestic flights in the US. There are no bassinets and no seat belts...