or Connect

Posts by TickleToes

SKJ - Unfortunately, my experience did end in miscarriage. It was almost two weeks of uncertainty and being really scared of so many things. When it became clear that my betas were dropping rather than slowly rising, I didn't go to work because I teach and didn't think that I could handle miscarrying at work and being stuck in my classroom while waiting for a sub. I think the hardest part of that time was the uncertainty... hope vs grief... and then the fact that even...
Ah, I need to break out my crock pot. Some kind of bean dish is really sounding appealing right now. Hmm...   Lilac - did they give you any other feedback to make your classroom look more homey? Sometimes a few plants and a well-placed table lamp can do a lot to add to a room. I'm sure I can think of more ideas if you need them. I'd love to see your curtains! I started to make some for my classroom a few years ago. They just need the bottom hem sewn and they are...
I am so sorry, I was really hoping your levels would be higher. Monday seems so far away. When my levels were rising slowly, the waiting was the worst. I just wanted things to get better or move along and be over with. It's not a fun place to be... stuck between hope and grief. Do you have people to be with you this weekend for support and/or distractions?  
    SKJ - Please keep updating here. I was in your shoes with my last pregnancy. The waiting between betas is absolute hell and I think it is helpful to be able to find support from a group you trust. I hope your numbers are much higher tomorrow. Sending you positive thoughts.     AFM - I'm waiting. I hate waiting. That's all I've got today. Oh! I did discover yoga though and am loving it! I swear the yoga instructor is conspiring with my therapist - each class he has...
  Thanks, Boots
I've been pretty busy this last week - every day I had appointments, meetings, and events that I had to attend. I'm doing pretty well though. I'm 8 DPIUI and trying to patiently wait for any sign that it worked or not. And trying not to obsess!   On Sunday there was a Walk to Remember event in memory of pregnancy and infant loss. I went with a friend and it was really sweet. There were a few couples from my grief and loss support group who were there, holding their...
Thanks for all the hugs and encouragement, ladies. That's why I love this group so much.   Contingency plans DO keep the hope alive. I felt so much better about this journey once we put a plan in place with my RE. Best of luck with the clomid - is this your first cycle on it?     I wish I had some sage advice about reading your chart, but I can't make heads or tails of it - I hope that it becomes happily clear soon. I would love to see a photo of the quilt you are...
Milkshake - I am so sorry. Sending a hug your way.   I admire anyone who fosters or adopts through the foster system. One of my coworkers has been trying to adopt through the system and had several children almost placed with her and then a family member stepped up at the last minute. She now has a little one that is staying with her and I hope she gets to keep him. Apparently, he's not on the "adoptable" list yet, but his family doesn't seem capable of regaining...
Toothfairy - I took 50mg of clomid on days 4-8 (Sept 6-10), triggered on cd 13 (Sept 15), and had the IUI on cd 15 (Sept 17). AF started yesterday, so I'm on to the next round. This time, I'll be taking the clomid days 5-9 and I'm scheduled to go in on Oct 15th.   They didn't mention anything about a trigger shot when I spoke with them on the phone and I'm a bit puzzled about that. I'd love to hear everyone's experiences about how second cycles of clomid/IUI work....
Toothfairy - can you please take me from the missing list to the active list and add a link to my chart (chart info is in my signature)? Thanks!   TickleToes - (36) DH (46) TTC #1 since 8/10. Three early miscarriages (no known causes), recovering from PPD & anxiety after the third loss. Started clomid and IUI 9/12, doing acupuncture since 4/12.