or Connect

Posts by deeka

So we have the baby home, finally, but tandem nursing is not going well at all. I'm not a big person, and my kids - well they're big compared to me. I'm constantly scared my toddler is going to hurt my newborn, esp. as she is a bit crazy when she's nursing. Also I'm massively sick and can't get better, and I suspect this is in part due to the crazy amount of milk I'm having to produce, since toddler drinks as often as newborn, but in toddler sized portions.   The...
Were you working with your first? I went back to work part time but with odd hours when my first DD was 6 weeks old, increased hours as she grew until I was working a full day at 6 months. The result has been that DD is super duper attached to me. Would not take bottles, cried her head off if held by anyone else, all that other stuff. She's 2 now and while she'll go to the park with her dad, she still clearly prefers me. She'll push him and tell him to go away if I talk...
We've had issues with late expressive speech for DD too. We speak two languages which are very very different, one of which is English. Different grammar, different vocabulary, different sounds, different styles of talking, everything. Until 18 months, DD heard English at daycare, and mostly other language from me. She could understand both languages perfectly well, but the only words she would say were the ones that were exactly the same in both languages. There are...
We've checked a stroller in a cardboard box (it came with the stroller) for free on a flight from Istanbul to Atlanta. Once we convinced the check-in people it was really a stroller, it wasn't a problem. They may have opened it to peek in, I don't remember.     
Thank you for normalizing this, I was beginning to think I gave DD an eating disorder.   I tried the lid approach, that did not work because she can't really open that lid very well, when she finally manages to get it off the bowl is on its side and everything comes falling out. I think she really wants to be able to touch them. I may try to use a "spill proof" cup type thing, so she can get her o's out. She also likes collecting stones, so maybe this is just an...
Some background: I'm mama to a 27 month old girl, and expecting a second next month. We've had a pretty stressful year so far, with my pregnancy, medical issues, weaning (I'm having issues with bf'ing at this point) and an impending move to another country. So we've all been a little frazzled.  DD had, until 18 months, been a very very large baby - off the charts big and pretty plump. As my milk cut out, her growth slowed considerably. She is still large (90th...
I've also flown multiple times with my child on my lap. They won't encourage you on websites/in print because they're afraid if something does happen you could sue them. And there could always be an accident, although it is relatively rare. Because the inside of the plane is very big and people have bags, and heavy dvd players, I don't think even the child seat is very safe. A flying projectile to the head can kill an adult. Those dvd players are heavy. Also smaller planes...