or Connect

Posts by HRJ

Had you had any ultrasounds?  I just read that the ultrasounds do not discover 40% of heart defects.  Someone in the UK or Canada was given a pamphlet at the time of her u/s saying that it only detected 25% of heart defects.  I have read of a few moms on here that did get ultrasounds and were still surprised by heart defects when baby was born.   
I recommend working w/ a dr that knows how to adjust dosage.  The first time I took progesterone (bioidentical) to get PG w/ my son, I had a lot of side effects - including crying and hotflashes.  He was a family dr new at prescribing bioidentical and had me on a pretty high dosage.  This time around I worked w/ an OB/Gyn that has a lot of experience doing this.  He ended up putting me on a lower dosage, and I had no side effects at all.  And I still got PG immediately. 
Do you know the wattage of EFMs?  I was on one of those a LONG time during my labor (at least 8 hrs of the 30) b/c the cord was wrapped around my son's neck and his heart rate went down to 40 @ one point.
So it looks like wattage wise, the pulsed u/s is worse than the continous u/s.  I have had 3 breast ultrasounds during the pregnancy.  I wonder if any of those waves were exposed to baby.  i assume that it was far enough away that it didn't matter.  The baby did kick like crazy when they were happening, but I was lying flat on my back too. 
Also, I had read somewhere here on these forums or another forum that 1 min of doppler was equal to 20-30 min of u/s.  I don't know if that is true.  I asked my OB what the difference in mhz was.  He told me (I forget the number).  The ultrasound was higher, but he said it was pulsed instead of continous (doppler is continous).  So maybe there is some truth to that.  He thought it would take 5 min to look at the heart.
Thanks everyone.  To answer your question - we weren't thinking of the color one (just regular).  The reason we have not had any is we have a lot of autism in our family, and we had read an article in Midwifery Today about ultrasounds and autism.  Their take was that autism skyrocketed just around the time the FDA increased the limits on the output for ultrasounds.  We have 4 children in our family.  In many ways, I think our risk of autism is worse than a heart defect. ...
We didn't do u/s w/ my son, and we haven't done any this PG either (29 weeks).  But I am considering a quick u/s to look at the heart.  DH mentioned it when he heard a story on NPR about fixing heart issues found on u/s but has since decided we don't need it.  I am of the camp that it could cause neurological harm/not enough studies on it.  However, we do dopplers at every visit (and my dr seems to leave that thing on there for a good while).  Plus we'll do electronic...
No, you don't want to do that.  My current dr that has had me on it is my OB/Gyn.  He has all his patients chart (using Creighton), and he told me to take the cream starting at Peak (ovulation) +3.  So 3 days past ovulation.  If you take it before ovulation, it can prevent you from ovulating.  So if you start on CD 14 but don't ovulate until CD 20, you won't ovulate.  Be sure to keep charting b/c the progesterone could bump up your ovulation day on the following cycle. ...
Question - I recently had a dr wonder if I should be tested for lyme b/c I have interstitial cystitis and a few other things.  I am 29 weeks pregnant and now that I've read some of these threads, I'm concerned that if I DID have it, transmitting to baby.  If I were tested and were positive, would taking antibiotics during the PG prevent the baby from getting it?  Could baby already have it, and if so would treating w/ antibiotics treat the baby inutero or would baby...