or Connect

Posts by HRJ

First of all, I totally see your point. You don't have to justify that you are concerned b/c you are PG. Even if you weren't PG, you don't need your daughter getting strep. (We just had our neighbors in our yard playing with our 5 yr old w/ a daughter with a 104 temp which they did not tell us about until 5 days later. At which point, my husband talked to them and said my wife is 15 weeks PG, if your kids have fevers, they can't be here.) Anyway, I would feel...
I used tea tree oil and it worked like a charm.
Quote: Originally Posted by cmhudson33 hi! we just moved to silver spring MD and am looking for some good referrals: looking for an open minded pediatrician... we do selective/delayed vaxing. also need an OBGYN that delivers at Holy Cross Hospital. i would prefer a woman and someone that won't shoot me into the operating room for a C-section at the first convenient moment. i am about 6 months preggo with #3. would love any other area...
My DS was extremely active in utero. I mean, I was feeling a lot of small movement around 14-15 weeks and the midwife thought I was CRAZY. Then he gave me a gigantic thump at 16 weeks. We would just sit and watch my stomach move all night in the evenings. He was insanely busy in there. I wouldn't say he is unable to deal with stress or has anxiety at all. However, he did have the cord wrapped around his neck and had some distress during labor bc the cord would get...
My OB (who does bioidentical hormone balancing) give a progesterone shot and his patients report feeling better within hours. He told me that since I had a progesterone deficiency before getting PG and have to supplement to STAY pregnant, I should be on the lookout for PPD and call if I need help.
I remembered the name of the road I LOVED so much that my Butler prof lived on. Check on Spring Mill Rd which dumps into Kessler west of Meridian. I don't know what school system it is in, but it is so wooded. it is like country living in the middle of the city. The thing I don't like about Zionsville - or at least the part that our friends live in. They live in a subdivision put in the middle of an old cornfield - newer developed area. For me, I grew up out in...
I'm not telling my 5 yr old son unless he really asks. but he's in Montessori kindergarten, and 3 weeks ago when we told him we were PG, he said he was going to tell everyone in 'sharing' at 'circle time' that his mom had a baby in her tummy. I really don't need him sharing where it will come out - I am not sure i trust him on that one.
I wanted to add that a really good friend of mine lives in Irvington and homeschools. She loves it. The houses are old and quaint and lots of MDC types there. She has a rather large homeschool group that does book clubs and projects together -lots of socialization for the kids. They also have moms from other parts of town in the group. I was very concerned about the smokes stacks downtown and ended up doing extensive research on that though - I was on the phone...
I went to Butler, and I lived in Broad Ripple for 3 yrs after I graduated. We moved away for about 7 yrs. My husband got a job offer there last year but we didn't end up there (for now). Are you going to do public or private or homeschool? If you want to do public, keep in mind that Broad Ripple (LOVED living there) is Indy Public Schools. We go back and visit often, and my beef w/ Broad Ripple is that it isn't real kid friendly. I have a 5 yr old only child though,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Lilya There are a few threads in Health and Healing about MTHFR gene variations. Apparently, 1/3 of the population have some degree of variation in the MTHFR gene. This is the gene that makes enzymes involved in the use of folate. Folate is the natural form found in food. Folic acid is entirely synthetic. With some gene variations, we can't turn folic acid into folate. However, our body will still uptake it, and...