or Connect

Posts by konamama

aloha all,   i live in hawaii and have a state reporting question, but i'm thinking that other states might have similar reporting needs so wanted to toss the net here as well as my local yahoo groups...   my daughter is in "4th grade" and i want to submit a portfolio for our annual report, and honestly would like to do that every year since i feel the HST is not an accurate assessment tool, so here are my questions... 1. wondering what types of formats you...
aloha all,   i live in hawaii and have a state reporting question, but i'm thinking that other states might have similar reporting needs so wanted to toss the net here as well as my local yahoo groups...   my daughter is in "4th grade" and i want to submit a portfolio for our annual report, and honestly would like to do that every year since i feel the HST is not an accurate assessment tool, so here are my questions... 1. wondering what types of formats you...
we live on the big island, kona side, have for a long time... and my husband might have a job opportunity on maui and a move would go along with that opportunity :-)   so... tell me about maui... job would be on the south side... places to live, not to live, homeschooling community, other fun stuff, great beaches, etc.   thanks!
we are most likely headed to bend mid-2013 :-))  
we just spent 5 days there and that is totally what we found!  
my family is thinking of a move to Bend Oregon... tell me all about Bend :-)
we have used/do use it, much of the time as a ruler, but know many who have used in a "fuller" manner with much success.
there are some great ones, some ok ones and some horrid ones, just like public and private schools :-) it's nice they exist b/c they offer more choice. google charter schools in whatever area you are in/going to be in and then check out their sites. some will have their charters available. if not, call them and have them pdf it to you. also ask about their state test scores, how they handle discipline, bullying, what is unique about their school, how long are their...
Aloha I am in the process of growing a homeschooling community here in Kona. Ten or so families met a few weeks ago at our first gathering. We will be meeting again this Friday, 10/7. This is new and exciting. If you are a homeschooler, or know families who homeschool in Kona, leave a comment or message me for more details. Mahalo & Blessings
subbing for inspiration :-)