or Connect

Posts by shotmama

Okay now I feel I need to say something else. And I do realize this is the internet and it is fully my fault for posting such sensitive and personal information online -- reactions and opinions are free to be fired at will. I just thought since most of us were educated and thoughtful that I could get some support, not all this backlash about why I 'let this all happen.'   People who are experienced with helping those who are abused know never to say, 'why do you...
BAhhh okay I apologize again, I meant 'okay' as in there is no hitting and there is only 'getting along,' and I put those in quotation marks cause I highly doubt that even in those times it's 100% comfortable.   We absolutely agree about the despite the culture it is never okay, so I don't think you're being culturally insensitive at all. I was only trying to explain the social conditioning in my family's culture that results in having the mindset that it's truly not...
I'm sorry it seems I had said something confusing. The incident when my mother and I had that fight was while the LO was sleeping in another room. And she was trying to tell me to stop, and she had been for a while and I got frustrated and told her to stop telling me what to do. And then she got nasty with her words, and then yada yada yada. The reason why she got mad was, simply put, i would not obey her.     In abusive relationships, there are always times when it...
One more thing, we live with my brother which was okay at first, but unfortunately he now agrees with my parents in our 'unhealthy' habits. If we moved but stayed in same place, my mom WILL show up at our door and demand to see her grandbaby. with other relatives in tow if she could.   And we try to limit gatherings once every two month, and i get anxiety attacks the day before we see them. I do not enjoy seeing them. We only do to make them happy, really.
Thanks for the feedback. I do use, 'thanks for the input,' when I can, but usually when they ask when they already are doing it. And they won't stop unless I physically put my hands in the way, and I don't like doing that. I mentioned before on a past post that when my daughter was 5 months, we started arguing over breastfeeding her, and she threatened to take her away. And when I resisted she hit me for a long time, and the neighbors called the cops due to my screaming,...
Hello!   I have all these feelings that I feel people in my current world do not quite understand. I was hoping to find an understanding soul here. I have made a few threads talking about how difficult it is dealing with my family before, about how they are against the way we parent our child, and I think we've just decided enough is enough.   I wish these are words that I could say to my family (parents and two brothers) but my husband and I truly believe it'll...
still BFing, and will do it if she asks for it at night. co-sleeping as well.    i'm a stay at home mother and she is VERY attached to me, and i to her, so naturally we spend a lot of time together during the day (some say TOO much time. is there really such thing? serious question).   here is our schedule: wakes up to start her day at 10am to 12 pm (she used to wake up much earlier, not sure what happened) takes a nap anywhere from 2-4 pm for 1-2...
mine is nearing 18mo and is kinda having the same problem. i get super tired of setting up meal a, back up meal b and c if she doesn't take a or b, and sometimes even c. she loves eating if it's something she likes and if she gets to feed herself. and i think she gets a lot more food than i think she does cause this doll is a pooping machine i tell yah! but seriously, she yells for 'boobies' (she says it in a different language) every hour, sometimes every 2-3, sometimes...
well, i was a late bloomer (seriously didn't get my d-cups, from then barely there breasts, until AFTER i turned 20) and i had very conservative parents, but attended a very open minded and highly academic highschool. i never had a butt (or maybe i still don't!) and had a very chubby, baby-like face despite a smaller body frame.   so what did i do? i dressed as crazy and weird as much as i could. wore the weirdest combinations, sometimes the brightest colors, along...
DH grew up in Sao Paolo and then moved to Japan when he was 11. He understood Japanese pretty well before moving but basically started using it as another dominant language from then on. He spoke Portuguese at home with his parents, but his brothers, unfortunately, having moved to Japan when they were 3 (they're twins), lost all their Portuguese.   DH's English, after meeting me and now living in America, is now stronger than his Portuguese. But I think that is...