or Connect

Posts by WithoutWax

I dont really know her routine (she is 4 wks) possibly because I have a 3/yo and my brain is mush, but my 3/yo still has a 2-3 hour afternoon nap (no idea how I got that lucky ), and my baby probably has several short naps during the day and 1 or 2 really long ones, possibly 3 hours, I really should look at the clock when she goes down but I find I always forget. But if feels like a looong time and I realise I was able to have a short nap, have a shower peacefully,...
This is my second- so I find I'm more relaxed about wondering what to do. She is 4 weeks now, and keeping her occupied is all about variety, and depends what I am doing- I have a baby gym for when I need my hands free for doing dishes, minor chores ect... so I put her in there which often attracts my 3/yo to come play with her, other times I put her in her bouncer facing me in whatever I'm doing or lay her on the bed if I fold laundry ect.. and my 3/yo sings to her, shakes...
Always wait it out, its perfectly safe to go to 42 weeks +, as long as you both are healthy. They will usually come on their own in their own time. It's only our minds that become impatient and/or fearful.
2.3 weeks old (young) now - so different from my first baby. She is more alert, sleeps shorter periods during the day, awake a lot, cries a fair bit (gassy tummy), but in her quiet alert she already enjoys being on her tummy and holding her head up, I'm amazed by her, she makes cute little noises and definitely has shown a genuine smile. I had to wait 4 weeks with my first! She already has grown and looks more like a baby than a newborn... already in the next size...
~My testimonial:~ I gave birth nearly 2 weeks ago. This was my second birth. My first birth experience went for 12 hours, it was a LONG day. This labor however was no more than 60 minutes, it wasn't until the last 30 minutes it was actually difficult, the pushing stage lasting around 6 minutes. This pregnancy I drank very strong, and a lot of RRL tea in the last trimester, everday without fail. I wanted a fast birth and I got one! I drank 5+ cups a day, very...
Lit Chick yes I freaked too during transition, (i didn't realise it was transition- until I felt pushy) .... I thought I was doomed with this horrible back to back contractions for hours, LOL but in a few minutes she was out! Thanks everyone. She turned from Breech 3 days before my Due date, she didn't engage til labor, I was prodromal for a month- this little girl was full of wonderful surprises... I learned ALOT with this pregnancy. Now the breastfeeding issues-...
Pic to follow soon! Just updating, we are home and healthy! Fassst labor, 90 mins, pushed her out standing up during a thunderstorm. i went from 3cm - 9cm in 30 mins... (thanks RRL tea) She is nearly 4kg or over 8 pound i think, great boobfeeder and sleeps well.
Update: still pregnant!, after tomorrow I will more pregnant than I have ever been! Had an NST today- aced it, baby is soo good, (i knew that already though)... get BP checked often, been high once but overall it is ok. Having appointments every few days now- it kind of keeps me assured that all is well, even though my little wiggle worm tells me constantly day and night she is totally chilled in my womb. I am happy to go to 42 weeks without any medical induction methods,...
Yes LOL. I'm nearly 41 weeks, still driving my car, and out with my 3/yo running errands. People really give you a look of concern like I am suffering a horrible disease. I get phone calls with a deep concerned voice asking how I'm feeling, I feel totally good, the aches and the prodromal labor doesn't affect my mood, in fact I'm so glad I am where I am! Everyday is a reason to be happy and joyful... People really are surprised to see me respond so happily, genuinely...
40 + 4 here too! at least we know how close we are !! so exciting!