or Connect

Posts by Swheeler05

Sorry it took me so long to reply!  I didn't recieve a PM from you, but I'm interested in any info you may have for me!  Try again? :)
Hi, I'm Samantha and my 5 week old daughter was diagnosed with CF a week ago.  We've already been to Children's Hospital and gotten lots of good info and hope from them, but I want to hear from any parents with CF kids.  I've read some of the older posts in the archives about it but there isn't much new stuff on here about it.  I'm worried about balancing all of the medical treatment with alternative, natural treatments.  I'm also curious as to how it's affected your...
Hi Dr. Sears!  My daughter was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis about a week ago, she is 5 weeks old.  Prior to the diagnosis we were planning on not vaccinating before 2 and maybe not even after that.  Now I'm completely torn and can't decide what's best for our baby, are there any vaccines that you think she MUST have or any that you think she could definitely do without?  Her Doc at Children's recommended the full round but it just makes me sick to think of putting all...
I didn't post much throughout my pregnancy but I loved reading all the stuff in the May DDC and understanding what everyone was going through.  This is the most important post of all!  Our beautiful Jema Jane was born into the water and her daddy's hands on May 10th (her actual due date!) at 12:38 am, 6lbs 14oz.  What an amazing Hypno/waterbirth we had!  Congrats to all the Mamas (and families)!!!
Makes me feel less like a hypochondriac to see all of the other posts! I'm 4wks 4days today. I have... *Nagging, dull lower back pain; especially after I wake up *Nauseous pretty much all day but, again, especially after I wake up *No food sounds good, I have to make myself eat! *Exhausted ALL. THE. TIME. *Even more emotional than I already was *Super sore boobs *Peeing a ton I've found that a cold compress with Lavender oil on your head and a warm compress...
Hi! I'm Samantha and I currently live in Birmingham, AL but am moving home to Loveland, CO ASAP to be with my boyfriend, Drew. We just found out we will be welcoming our first baby into the world due May 10th! Although we're thrilled, we were not planning this pregnancy and feel super lost as far as getting going with a Dr/Midwife and could use some advice from anyone in the area... Neither of us have insurance or super amazing jobs and we're in the process of seeing...
Name: Samantha -Age: 23, but 24 when the baby's born -EDD: May 10th -Location: Northern Colorado -1st child/2nd/3rd...: First! -Family: Boyfriend Drew and lots of supportive family/friends -Baby's gender: We think it's a boy... but I'd love a girl too! -Names: Too many to list... something old timey -Birth plans/preferences: Homebirth with a midwife if we can work out the insurance/financial part.... I'd love to do it outside in a birthing pool if it's warm...