or Connect

Posts by UnderTheOldOakTree

Hi everyone!  I haven't been getting on MDC much lately either but I have a moment now, so I thought I'd pop on and say hi.  Nice to see how everyone's doing and to see the pictures of your sweet babes!  I can't believe they are nine and ten months old now!   Maggie Rose is 9.5 months and amazing.  She's pretty petite...tiny feet and hands still and not very long and probably only about 17 pounds, but very healthy!  She has been an awesome BF baby (I never had to...
NAK   Hi everyone!  I'm going to try to make a real post here...if I can stay awake to do it.   Cindy- I love that story about her laughing! so cute!  I love seeing their little personalities emerge more and more!   Silly- So glad you will be able to stay home after all!  Fantastic news!   Leah- I hear you about the colds...DD's on her second cold already and  it's been horrible!  It was really minor for the rest of us but she got hit hard.  I just keep...
I'm so enjoying seeing what everyone is making this year!  I've given myself permission to not do a handmade holiday this year since we have a new baby.  Most of my knitting over the past year was in preperation for the baby. and now with her, I'm struggling to find time to work on much.  I'm missing making gifts though so I've started working on a few little things here and there.  I'm working on knitting a little dress for the baby and I hope to manage a matching vest...
Just saying hi!  I'll respond to folks sometime when it's not the wee hours of the AM.
I'd been wondering about you and your baby.  Congratulations!  He's beautiful!  Welcome little Elfyn!  
Hi everyone!  I've been wanting to get back on here for a while, but somehow this life with a newborn has kept me quite busy!     Cindy-so excited that she's taking full feedings at the breast and that you can stop pumping!  I know how exhausting that is.  I did it with DS when we realized I was having supply issues.   Spring-Sorry you had to have his tounge tie redone again too.  I hope this will make a big difference this time.  Poor little guy!   Silly- I...
I'm watching this thread with interest.  So far I haven't worn this baby too much (we've mostly been at home in bed) but have used my ring sling and moby a few times (both in upright positions).    I know once I don't have help at home, it would be really helpful to be able to wear her and nurse.  I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it work though since I am pretty large chested to begin with and huge now that I have a baby who is a big nurser, so if anyone has...
So far we're using prefolds and the workhorse diapers (we have the kind with no closure on them)  with extra small thristies covers and a few covers my mom made.  I'm not crazy about the ones my mom made, but the thirsties covers have worked well.  I folded the top above the hook and loop down a bit until her umbilical cord came off and we didn't have any issues with it irritating the cord stump.  She pees huge amounts and her diapers are really soaked, but so far only 2...
Congratulations Dogretro!  and Welcome baby Piper!
The blister popped on its' own (probably while nursing) before I saw your response Cindy and you are right it really felt immediately better.  Thankfully the big nursing sessions are getting shorter too (half hour to an hour as opposed to two hours) and she just likes little snacks in between.  Much easier on the nipples!