or Connect

Posts by UnderTheOldOakTree

*********Last call on bead swap participants!  We only have four folks right now.  If anyone else is interested please PM me your address by 8AM EST tomorrow 8/29.********I'll PM everyone who signed up to participate the list tomorrow morning.     We had talked in another thread about having a due date club bead swap.   I'm willing to organize  it if folks are still interested.   If you would like to participate please pm your name and address to my by Sunday...
I'm still interested and would be willing to organize it.   I'll set up a thread announcing it!   ETA: New thread here...http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1361155/bead-swap#post_17082718
Cindy-Your shower sounds lovely.  We're still trying to figure out what to do.  I'm thinking a very low key blessing thing...probably in conjunction with my regular Friday night knitting group, but we'll see.  Springmum, I agree that I'm not totally comfy with having all the attention on me and I really don't want a traditional shower this time around.   Pregnova-I'm nervous about nursing this time too.  Hoping things go better this time. I've found a lactation...
Ummm...nesting has now extended to my car....'cause you know I can't have this baby till it is pristine both inside and out.....but it did need a good cleaning  so I guess it's a good thing...  .lol!  At least the car seat will have a nice clean place to go once this is done.
I've been washing things as I've gotten them before I put them away.  I'm guessing I'll want to rewash a lot of it closer to time, but not just yet....maybe in a few weeks....closer to 35 weeks or so probably.   I can't wait to hear from my midwife what she wants us to have gathered up and how to package it.  She mentioned a few things in our consult meeting but I know there's more.  She had a birth during our scheduled appointment this week so I'm having to wait...
That's a good thought!  I'm thinking I'll plan to put the crock pot out on our covered balcony just in case the smell is too much!
No real tips, but I sympathize.  I'm now in my third trimester and things are getting better, but for the first trimester especially, I just was not able to keep our rhythm up by any means.  I was scattered, and exhausted and sick and it just wasn't happening.  I tried to keep to a few weekly commitments for my son, (our playgroup and parent-child class) and so those gave our week some structure, but it was harder at home.  Largely, after talking to my son's teacher, I...
The birthday cake thing is a great idea.  I wonder if we can make it work...of course with my dietary restrictions I can't really eat it and I'm not sure I want it around to tempt me....sigh...   Making muffins to freeze is a great idea too.  I make almond flour banana bread muffins that I love.  DS thinks they are cupcakes so maybe we'll put a little icing on a few of those and  they can be cupcakes for the baby!   Amanda I think you are right about making the...
Anyone have and ideas for what you want for your first meal postpartumn?  I remember with DS  I had some awful frozen dinner that the nurse at the hospital gave me.  I did sneak a little food in early labor at the hospital but it had still been at least 24 hours since I had eaten by the time I got that little frozen dinner and I was starved and miserable.     So, given that we're planning a homebirth this time around I'm putting a bunch more thought into what I want...
Okay I did a bit of research on this and.......I think I'm going to stick to 100% beeswax without additives.  The one she was talking about was stearic acid which is a chemical derived from meatpacking by-products (eww!) It also seems it's mainly used with paraffin wax to make it work more like tallow and distribute scents more evenly while the candle burns.   It seems you need a big wick for the beeswax container candle.  Also, pure beeswax is not going to burn down...