or Connect

Posts by UnderTheOldOakTree

Congratulations Angelorum!!!!!! and welcome to your little guy!  I was just checking here to see if there were any new babies!  Love that first latch story!   Boston-continuing to think about you and hope you and your little one are doing well.   Dannic-maybe your theory about things going wrong around a birth explains why I've had to call AAA twice in the past week...once for a flat tire and once for a dead car battery....so glad they were able to come to my...
Awe!  Sweet girl!!!! Love seeing babes in mama knits!!!!
Sending you lots of good thoughts Angel!     Dannic- I'm sure everything will work out with your washer one way or another but that sounds very frustrating!  hope your kids feel better soon and that you stay well!   Okay-I'm complaining now (I wasn't going to do that)....I'm going out of my mind with waiting for this baby. I'm having a hard time sitting still...even using the computer.  I hate sitting and knitting, I hate trying to do other craft projects....I'm...
So wonderful update since the middle of the night last night.  My friend who is to watch DS while I'm in labor/giving birth let me know that her plans have changed and she's going to be around after all!  It's such a relief!     DH and DS took me out for an early b-day celebration this evening which was lovely.  They are a little worried that I'll be in labor or have just had a baby and not be up to going out to celebrate next week on my birthday.  It was a really...
Yay Micromama!   It sounds like a very good choice for you!
Boston,   Keeping you in my thoughts.  Hope that you can come to a resolution with your midwives and have your baby at home as you wish very soon!
I've told DS little bits of his birth story here and there, but, we both had so much trauma (for him physical and me emotional) from that birth that I feel like it's counter productive to tell too much. I do have lots of post-birth pictures and he's seen and loves those but we didn't take any in labor or of his actual birth.   There's also the fact that his was a planned hospital birth and this time we are planning a homebirth.   He's also having a hard time...
Angel-Hope you feel better really soon and that this is mild for you too!  So not fun!     I hope you work everything out childcare wise. I understand the concern!   My childcare person is out of town on Monday and Tuesday (along with most of the other people I think DS would be comfortable staying with due to the holiday) and I'm a little concerned. Somehow, I think Monday is our day if the baby does't come before then.  I may be totally off, but it's just a...
I can totally get how you feel here.  I tend to carry pretty compactly so most people are surprised that I'm as far along as I am.  Things look even more compact since the baby dropped somehow.  Last time though things really popped out huge the last few weeks of my pregnancy and I got lots of those comments and got really sick of them.     I am lucky that at DS's school we're preparing for a big yearly event  so the focus is more on that right now than my belly and how...
I've also been going through it since Saturday.  I seemed to have a nice break from it this morning/afternoon but then late this afternoon it came back stronger than ever.  I've actually been having some contractions this evening (before this it's just been constant nausea,and back ache along with quite a lot of pressure and pain around my cervix).  I've been alternating between constipation and diahrea and I've had next to no appetite since this started.  The break this...