or Connect

Posts by UnderTheOldOakTree

With my first we took a Lamaze class and I found the breathing patterns annoying and useless during labor.  Deep slow breathing often helps me get through pain...and given the pain I was in a month ago, I got quite a lot of practice at it.   I feel like none of  my preparations were really helpful last time in terms of helping me with the pain (but I was on HUGE amounts of pitocin...so things were pretty intense).  The only thing I remember being really helpful was...
We finally  inflated the birth pool tonight.  Now it's taking up every spare inch of space in our bedroom.  We literally have to move it if we need to get into our closet or our dresser, or just about anything else. Oh well.....I guess that's part of living in a small space. We also tried to hook up the hose to the sink, but big surprise, we need different adapter.  We'll go shopping for that tomorrow I guess.  I'm glad we tried it out tonight.  As my midwife pointed out...
Congratulations DelawareMom! and welcome baby Simon!  
Awe, congratulations Hibiscus mom!  And welcome little Grace Audrey!  Love seeing the pictures of your sweet girl and reading her birth story!
DS and I went to a local colonial market fair today.  It was amazing, but, I think I over did it.  I seriously thought this baby was going to just fall out of me on the way back to the car.  No cramping or contractions, but the pain/pressure around my cervix was so intense.  I had to come home and lay down for a couple of hours.  I kinda needed the rest after that kind of day anyways...especially after not sleeping much last night.  It was so much fun though!  I got some...
I was just going to say that last time I really liked depends while in labor after my water broke as well as for the first few days postpartum.    I have some big  cloth pads (which are what I generally prefer these days) and some grocery store generic ones that I bought for this time around (I'm sure they probably have the dry weave though).  Went back to the store I bought the depends though to have on hand in case they would be more comfortable this time around.  We'll...
I'm so sorry for your loss!  You are in my thoughts.
Dannic- an easy, inexpensive yeast treatment that several of my friends use is:   Quote: I've not had a need for it since I heard about it but they swear by it.   Also, about ordering things like socks from Amazon, I'm totally guilty of that recently.  Shopping in stores is just not something I'm into these days so many things have been ordered from Amazon recently.  It's just easier and they just gave me a free month of prime so it's not like I'm even having to wait that...
We need to do a test run with our birth pool and get it inflated too.Like you Cindy, we keep putting it off.  I think probably we will work on that tonight after DS goes to bed.    I really hope we have the right sink adapter.  My midwife keeps telling me that 's the most important thing to know in advance.   I hadn't thought about going through supplies and such with DH.  That's a really good idea, especially since I have it in two boxes right now.  I also have a...
Thanks!  It's the maile sweater. I didn't suggest it because attaching the sleeves is so hard I almost  gave up on it entirely.  I seems that needles, yarn and hands are just not meant to work that way!  lol!  If I hadn't already completed most of the sweater, I probably would have just given up on it.   I love it, but for me it's a one time only project.   http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/maile-sweater   That Emma Tunic is just darling!!!!  Love it!