or Connect

Posts by UnderTheOldOakTree

Okimom-that is really sweet!  What a special little outfit that will be for the baby!
Those hats are so cute!  Perfect for an October baby!   In terms of cardigans, I've enjoyed making http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/buttercup-baby-cardigan and http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/seamless-yoked-baby-sweater
This made me laugh!!  Every time I get up in the night to go pee, DH steals at least on of my pillows (usually in his sleep) and then I have to wake him up to get them back.  Sometimes it feels like we play tug or war with pillows all night!
Wow! You ladies have been busy on here!  I'm trying to catch up now!  I can't believe how fast time is going and how we are so close to October and meeting our sweet babes now!   Cindy- I'm glad you had a better night last night and are feeling better!   Springmum-I have had similar sleep issues.  I find if I go to sleep after 11, I tend to sleep well through the night (more or less), but if I go to bed earlier than that, either I can't fall asleep or I'm up at...
Congratulations Chrisa!  and welcome Baby Daniel!  Glad he is doing well and with you now!
Danic-  I'm envious of you being able to go to bed so early.  If I go to bed much before 11:30, I'm up by 3 and never manage to go back to sleep till 6 or so, and then DS wakes up shortly after that....it's made for some difficult mornings around here.  If I go to bed later I seem to be able to sleep through till he wakes up...of course he started school today so all of this is totally off now.  I really need to find a way to go to bed earlier and sleep till at least 5....
I'm a bigger gal too, and really, the adjustments my chiropractor does are pretty gentle...she really doesn't end up pushing that hard for any of them...not saying it doesn't hurt (well, actually while she's adjusting me it feels really good...it's just afterwards)....I've been leaving in a fair amount of pain, but then a few days later feel much better and both she and my midwife think that it's making a big difference.  Once the pain subsides I do actually feel much...
Cindy, i'm sorry you are hurting so much after seeing the chiro.  I'm at a point now where I pretty much can't move for two days after seeing the chiropractor.  She says it's doing something beneficial but she doesn't want me to hurt that much.  Last week I barely got myself home but then after the first night I actually felt pretty good.    Make sure you tell your chiro what is going on...mine wants a call if I hurt more than one night.  We've decided that I need to...
We're mostly ready.  We had our big meeting today too, but, the midwife's assistant couldn't make it, so she'll go through all of my supplies next week.  I'm not technically 36 weeks quite yet so I guess we have a little wiggle room, but I'm pretty much done anyways. I finished knitting the last little baby hat just last night and it's still blocking, so it needs to be put away, but, it's done!     The only things I don't have totally ready are meals/snacks for the...
Thanks for the positive responses everyone!  It has been a really nice project to work on as I prepare mentally  and emotionally for this birth.  I shared it with DH,  my midwife, her assistant and my doula last week and I feel like it has also helped everyone to get on the same page in terms of what I really want from this birth.     Cindy-We're having the same kind of big meeting tomorrow too!  I'm pretty excited about it!  It makes everything seem so real!  I've...