or Connect

Posts by Mama2mc

We have very hard water, and have to use calgon in every load, but it leaves diapers (and clothes) very clean, it really makes a BIG difference. Oh, and we use Planet as our detergent.  
My LOs never used a paci. To get things done, we babywear. It's easier to do chores around the house, and baby is happy and can nurse...  
I'm not a doula, but if I were to hire one, I'd want one who has been through childbirth herself, and I wouldn't care if she was "too young". Not that I'd never hire one who hasn't had a baby before, but if I did, I'd look for someone older who has attended more births. Does that make sense?  
SheaMoisture Baby.  
We bought badger anti-bug shake and spray http://www.amazon.com/Badger-Anti-Bug-Shake-and-Spray/dp/B003FBPFJW/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1346282138&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=badger+anti-bug+shake+and+spray about a month ago, and it has done its job. I'm really happy to have found something natural that works, no more huge bumps from mosquito bites! Hubby also bought california baby bug repellent, but we haven't tried that one yet.  
Planet 10, Eco Spout 8, Soap nuts 8, RnG 6, Ecos 0!! Ecos left my diapers with weird brown stains (and they were only pee diapers!!!). Oh, and we have very hard water, so we use calgon with every load, or else nothing gets completely clean.  
I like sandy's with a bamboo insert for extra absorbency. About the covers, we haven't tried them, but I've heard loveybums are great http://www.loveybums.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=3   Hope you find what you're looking for!
Yes, they're more expensive, but they're worth it, and you can re-sell them later. I haven't had any custom knits, so I wouldn't know who to recommend, but you can try searching hyenacart, diaperswappers, etsy... perhaps you could also find some "gently loved" ones instead of new ones.
How about a wool cover? We use disana, but my kiddos are younger, so I'm not sure how that would fit him. The nice thing about wool is that you can always have someone custom knit them.
We love our kawaiis, BUT I think we have newer designs than the ones PPs had, we especially like the mom label bamboo diapers, the minky are nice too. The fit is great and we have no leaks. If you don't like microfiber you can always get bamboo, or stuff the regular ones with prefolds, flats or whatever you like. Kawaiis make up most of our stash precisely because of the price, I didn't want to spend too much on diapers in case they weren't a good fit, but so far, we...