or Connect

Posts by Partaria

Hi Sara,   I'm glad you found us here. Your story is incredible, and I am so grateful you shared it. You have been through so much. I think you are amazing, fierce woman.   I haven't had any experience with a birth after cesarean, but I do know what it's like to plan a homebirth and end up in the hospital. I recently joined a group on Facebook called Homebirth Cesarean. It's a group of women who've all had planned HBs but who, for one reason or another, ended up...
I need some book recommendations on good approaches to parenting a toddler. My guy is starting to tantrum and to test some of his boundaries, and I just feel at a total loss as to what to do. Everyone in my life has different advice, but I don't know what approach to take with him.   What books have people read that seemed to offer a sane, workable, kind approach to parenting a toddler?
This past weekend, DH and I took DS to visit his grandparents (DH's mom and dad). They aren't mean or nasty. But, we just have a lot of difficulty connecting with them. They're very different than we are (polar opposite lifestyle and political views). And there's been some hurt in the past over them not seeming to care very much about our lives and our son, in contrast to DH's siblings, who get free babysitting and visits constantly even though they live much further...
DS is weaning and hasn't nursed at all the last few days. I offer, he isn't into it. I know it's time. I promised myself I would make it to at least a year and I did. I promised I would follow his lead and I am.    But I'm depressed. And it doesn't feel like a thing where he's weaning earlier than I want and I'm sad. It's more like, something is not right with my body chemistry. It feels like that kind of depression, when you're flat as Nebraska and just stare a...
I'm having a DAY. One of those days when you just want to scream and shake everyone and say "Why don't you GET IT?!"   I thought it might help to vent and to write out some of my top things I wish people would just. quit. saying.   1. Glad I chose X, Y, or Z, then. As in, glad I chose to birth with this midwife, or this doula, or to birth at the birth center. The implication being that making all the right choices/moves ensures you can avoid a cesarean. And...
I still don't know what we'll do, but I think I might give my little guy this as a "graduation" gift.   http://iheartguts.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=208
all i can say is...   omg train heist!
I did hypnobabies with my birth. I had some very negative feelings about it, especially in light of my outcomes. I would be happy to share my experience if you want to PM me. I know it has worked for some moms, but I have a few beefs with it.   As for sorting through fears, I have heard excellent things about Birthing From Within. It was founded by Pam England, a midwife who had a homebirth turned cesarean. I feel like her literature really respects the reality of...
I spent months and months crying and apologizing to my son for not being able to birth him "right." Everytime he screamed and cried (which was nonstop b/c he was a very colicky baby), I thought, 'He is expressing his rage about the birth. I deserve this. He hates me.'   When he started smiling, god yes. YES. It felt SO. MUCH. BETTER. I remember the first smile I got. He was on a blanket under a big oak in the backyard of our building. I cried and was just thinking,...
We PMd but I'll say it here to... Madison, baby!