or Connect

Posts by Partaria

Yes! I've heard they will be splitting it into two halves. I'm dreading the mid-season hiatus. Knowing this show, they'll leave us with a totally crazy cliff hanger. I haven't seen this Sunday's episode yet. Will probably watch tonight!   What do people think of Skyler's transformation last season and her character this season? I feel like last season she became much more comfortable with her role as a criminal wife, even accomplice. This season, so far, she seems...
molive-    When you go into GHC, they'll have you do an intake appointment with Joan Young. Joan will give you basically a super long lecture about what GHC does and doesn't offer for you. She'll likely recommend that you see Dr. Bull or Dr. Vohmann, who she will say are more homebirth friendly. Other moms on the local homebirth yahoo group who've worked with those doctors have shared that they didn't have the best experiences with these docs, and felt that they...
Anyone want to have a running discussion of the final season of breaking bad as it airs? 
No problem! I'm on a local homebirth yahoo group- I will ask if any of the other members know of homebirth friendly MDs who take GHC. :)
Hi molive-   I did not work w/an ob/gyn during my pregnancy (planned homebirth). However, after I had my little boy, we changed doctors b/c of a change in insurance. My new doctor is very open to homebirth, and I believe the other doctors at her practice are the same. In fact, my midwife recommended this practice to me because many of her other midwifery clients have loved working with the docs there. It is Wildwood Family clinic. They have an office in Madison and...
Hi Mamas,   About a month ago, I got a real doozy of a blocked duct in my right breast. I tried to work out the block, but was not successful. I popped what I thought was a milk blister with a tiny pin. But now I suspect it wasn't really that since it didn't seem to help me. Anyway, I decided rest would help, and I went to sleep with half my breast hard as a rock. The next morning I nursed, and it went away, much to my relief.   Since that time, breastfeeding has...
Thanks for your feedback, SM360. I totally hear where you are coming from.   There is a wonderful organization in Australia that works with mothers who are dealing with difficult birth experiences. You might want to check out their website, if you feel it would be helpful.    http://birthtalk.org/index.html   Here is their related blog as well -    http://birthtraumatruths.wordpress.com/
Eeee! I'm so excited for this series to start on PBS. Will be so interesting to watch. Anyone seen this on BBC?   http://video.pbs.org/video/2256816872/
Just wanted to share a very healing experience I had this weekend. I went to see what's called an Intuitive Healer. This is a person who does something akin to therapy, but they do a lot more silent meditating with you. They try to use their intuition and connection with spiritual energies to help you uncover things you might not have been able to resolve before.    I know, sounds a little cookaroo.   BUT. I went anyway b/c a friend of mine got me a gift...
Hi renaudmama,   I am so glad you found us. Thank you for sharing your story.   Mama, what you have been through is so difficult. I really feel for you. So much of what you say here resonates with my experience. This statement especially.       I can't tell you how many people say that to women who've had difficult births in which the baby was healthy. Of course you are grateful that your baby is fine. Of course you are. That has no connection to how you feel about how...