or Connect

Posts by Partaria

This is a great thread- I had been wondering the same thing. We live on the second floor, and I'd kind of like to have a home birth, but wasn't sure about the logistics. I do have one question- I've read that most midwives will help clean up the birth area, including starting a load of laundry. We actually don't have laundry in our building- we go to blocks to a laundrymat. Is it "uncool" to ask the midwife to go there? Like is that asking too much?
-Name: partaria -Age: 28 (29 in one month!) -EDD: May 15 -Location: Madison, WI -1st child/2nd/3rd...: Our first star in the sky -Family: Partner (husband) and one silly dog. -Baby's gender: No guess, and no hopes- happy either way! -Names: for a girl I like: Helen, Esther, or Zelda. For a boy, Lief or Henry. -Birth plans/preferences: Natural childbirth (no drugs) with a midwife (even though my insurance doesn't cover them. Boo.) -Absolutely anything else under...
Out of pocket cost, if you pay by your 26th week is 6080 dollars. That might seem high, but it's still cheaper than a hospital birth. I'm pretty frustrated and discouraged. I want very much to have my baby there, but if not there, I at least want midwife care. GHC, the only insurance my employer offers, ONLY covers births at St Marys and denies members access to midwives. IMO, totally not cool. So I'm looking to switch my DH's insurance, which is a PPO. Unlikely...
Hi out there! I just found out I'm pregnant and am already reading everything I can get my hands on. I'm really excited by the idea of a natural childbirth. Over my lifetime I've had awful experiences with the medical industry. Including an awful episode when I was 13 that involved an OBGYN forcing me to undergo a full pelvic exam against my wishes, just because I wasn't having regular periods yet. Ugh. With all that said, I'm not scared of giving birth, but I'm...